The Random Thought Thread

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Oh puleeze. Right now where I'm at, it's 53°F with no wind and sunny. Oh the humanity. Please take me away from retched California.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Oh puleeze. Right now where I'm at, it's 53°F with no wind and sunny. Oh the humanity. Please take me away from retched California.

72°F and sunny here...HELP!

...but yeah, it's -42°F with the wind chill at my old house right now.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
72°F and sunny here...HELP!

...but yeah, it's -42°F with the wind chill at my old house right now.

I don't know what the wind chill is here. It's -15°F without the wind chill. But when it gets this cold you have to be covered head to toe including glasses or goggles so wind chill really doesn't matter. I actually went outside today for about 15 seconds in shorts, t-shirt and open toe sandals to see if the UPS guy left our packages by the garage door. 15 seconds was about the limit. I was starting to lose the feeling in my toes!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looks like it's -38 in Chicago with the wind chill.

Wind chill makes a huge difference when you live in an old farmhouse in the middle of a huge field. Hard to keep the house warm. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that this year.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
ooo look at me im all hollywood now:p

Bah, I have no interest in going to hollywood.

And hey, I can't help it if it's pleasant here. It's open to everyone, last time I checked....I paid my dues in the artic :)

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
from all the different comic characters? how many comics is that? Now they just need to make that into a series of movies.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Looks like it's -38 in Chicago with the wind chill.

Wind chill makes a huge difference when you live in an old farmhouse in the middle of a huge field. Hard to keep the house warm. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that this year.

I could see how wind chill could give you an idea how bad it will be in a drafty house!

N

netizen

The weather is funny. now that it's warmer here, relatively, it's colder down south. But when the temperatures here were making headlines that it was as cold as Mars there were very few people making big freaking out declarations. In fact we got memes:

cold.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.