The release of outside licensed tables will depend on us

Frostyglitch

Apr 3, 2012
I think everyone that signs up and posts here would pay a premium, but will the general public? That's the problem that FarSight faces.

You pretty much nailed it. The problem is the general public is always going to compare prices with the competition. (Even if they barely have anything in common) So I would recommend that when FarSight releases major tables like Twilight Zone they need to make it stand out in some way. They need to make sure to heavily advertise on their website, and on Facebook that this is most definitely a special table. If they could some how make it stand out in the Pinball Arcade that couldn't hurt at all either. Otherwise if it's added to the arcade in the same way that past DLC was, people that aren't in the know are going to think FarSight is over charging. I don't mind paying a premium for tables like this, and hopefully with the right marketing, neither will anyone else. At the end of the day, we're getting TPA at bargain bin prices as it is.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think they need to come up with a name for the premium tables, like a branding of sorts. Twilight Zone will be the first one, and hopefully there will be others.

-Platinum Collection
-Golden Tables

Any suggestions?

gsxrboy

Feb 21, 2012
Platinum sounds a bit too much like PS2 & 3 games that went cheap, perhaps something like "Masters Edition" or "Championship Edition" and keep those ones in a separate online comp from the "regular" tables :)

night

May 18, 2012
Paying $10 for a license table, or more is for a pinball fanatic no problem. But I wonder if Pinball Arcade is all about hardcore pinball fanatics. You see, a lot of folks just buy an app for fun and they like to shoot some pinball and preferable at a reasonable cost. Many new kids on the block don't know these older tables. I mean, we are all old, grey and deaf here, some of us don't even have their own teeth anymore. We know what nostalgia is and we are willing to pay for it, but is the average user willing to pay for a table he has never heard of? I personally would like to see Haunted House, out of nostalgic sentiments. I never played on a Twilight Zone table, simply because the arcade never had one. So, do I care as much for it? I don't. Would I like to see the table coming to my iPad? Sure! Am I willing to chip-in big cash to get it released? Don't think so.
I really like the last two tables, CV and FH, very nice, they play excellent, love the graphics. (Please update Black Hole) I wonder if it's worth 55000 hard earned dollars for a table like TWZ, perhaps many other cool tables can be bought with that amount. Make a poll for the most favorite table among users, then start talking about licenses.

Captain Rumwood

Apr 25, 2012
I think that FarSight should also use as guide the IPDB.org's top 100 list. I'm sure they have checked it out and it will be very helpful on knowing what licensed games they should go for first. If I have to pay a bit more to get licensed tables such as: Lord of The Rings, Indiana Jones, Bram Stoker's Dracula and others, I would gladly pay more.

It's all about being able to play our favorite pinball machines and preserve them digitally.

How many of you have dreamt of having your own game room at home with all of your favorite pinball tables available to be played whenever you feel like it? FarSight is providing us the fans with a great opportunity to do so.

Last edited:

night

May 18, 2012
As a child I played the lasergame Dragon's Lair in the arcade and I was blown away. These arcades with a build-in laser player where very expensive and the latest in technology. I dreamed of owning such machine. Now I can download it for a few euro's.. In a couple of years we all have 3D printers and print our own tables as if they where the real thing.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
i doubt 3d printers will be affordable enough for the average joe to print something as big and complicated as a pinball table ;)

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
Sorry, that is dumb from me, apoligises to FarSight. I just want to help and give some suggestions, cause i think this company deserves it. ANd for us its better too.

There seems to be a fair bit of confusion out there LOL:
http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=e....5.12.2.2007.34205.4-1j21j16j5j0j1.47.0...0.0.

And then there's The Far Side if anyone's not heard of it-or wonders about posts with the name Gary Larson in them:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Far_Side

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I am afraid we will not reach it in time (why is there a time deadline anyway?).

There is a time deadline so that those who pledge can actually plan their finances. Imagine if there was no deadline and you'd pledged $1000. 5 years from now, your circumstances have changed, and suddenly - boom - Kickstarter takes that $1000 from you for a pledge you have forgotten about. So, instead, they put a time limit on it.

Tabe

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
what will they do when they reach about something between 55k and 110k at the end? It isn't enough to cover the Star Trek TNG license.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
That makes sense Tabe. But its very short, maybe add a month or 2, dont know. Maybe last few days the gap will be closed fastly by late but sharp donators.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
55k for TZ. It makes me wonder what the license costs are for a new machine like AC/DC.

Anybody an idea? I would love that one. Is my number 1 wanted now.

Is there any chance we could see that in lets say 1 year? Or is this impossible?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
55k for TZ. It makes me wonder what the license costs are for a new machine like AC/DC.

Anybody an idea? I would love that one. Is my number 1 wanted now.

Is there any chance we could see that in lets say 1 year? Or is this impossible?
It's not impossible, but there are 12 of AC/DC's greatest hits on that table. Just licensing the music would be massively expensive.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
It's not a table I really want right away, but I'm curious if CSI would be around the same as TZ or TNG since it's also a CBS property.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
It's not impossible, but there are 12 of AC/DC's greatest hits on that table. Just licensing the music would be massively expensive.

Ok, that one is maybe not a good new one, but when we look at tron or avater?

Is that around 50k too, or would that be more, or less? Will Stern give permission?

I am just trying to find out what chance we have we see new machines, cause i am starting to really like the new ones. Plus, the old ones i know so well.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Farsight mentioned Stern has said there is nothing to stop Farsight from releasing any of their tables whenever they wish. I think the biggest hurdles is that SAM emulation is not yet happening and getting licenses since Stern really doesn't put out any non-licensed tables. Plus it would probably be at least a few months since I doubt Stern gives any advance proprietary info to Farsight or anyone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts