The Welsh pinball social event

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
If you live in the UK and it isn't too far for you there is an evet going on this weekend in Cwmbran, South Wales called the Welsh pinball social event. It has been organised by a friend of mine and is only a few miles away for me so I'll be there tomorrow. There should be 10 pins there namely;

Bride of pinbot
Whodunnit
laser war
Beat the clock
Atlantis
Bram Stokers Dracula
Firepower
Ali
Hot Tip
Mystic

Here's the poster

9f62561d88b7d4e15537b4f7e442440f_zps55606415.jpg

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Had a good day yesterday, played lots of pinball and drank loads of beer :D. Bram Stokers Dracula was surprisingly good fun, also Laser War is a great game and probably the most played there. It was nice to play BOP but it wasn't in very good condition and needed a fair bit of attention during the afternoon just to keep it going. I didn't realise how steep the ramps are on that game, much steeper in real life than they appear in TPA and very hard to get up on a poor condition machine. I tried taking some photos but I'm between phones atm so took on an old iPod and they were crap.

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
i was staying at my sister's place in Bristol, so i tried to get away to this but would've turned up just as they were using all the games for the SW league so i wouldn't have got to play them, so didn't manage it.

glad it went well, i know Dave a little, and was looking forward to trying out a real Firepower, was it fun?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
The event was fun yes, I only went on the Saturday. He didn't bring the Firepower in the end, not sure if he took it on the Sunday. It was nice for me to play a few more pins, I have very little experience of real pinball machines although I've got to play a few lately.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
remind me where you are again, and if you're interested in playing at people's houses?

in my garage i currently have AFM, BSD, MB and CSI, and i have Freddy and FG coming in a week or two. i rotate them a fair bit so they change a lot.
you're welcome to drop by for a play. Thursdays and Fridays i'm usually home all day.
there's a meet in Caterham this Sunday (about 6 games), and one on Sun 19th May in New Cross (about 15).
free to anyone to attend 9well, not free but £2.50 is pretty cheap seeing as there's always food and drink provided.

Dan

b

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I'm in Newport not far from where Dave's event was last weekend. I'd definitely love to come and play your pins sometime. Which side of London?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts