They were right, you can't stop at just one!

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
One thing I've noticed is the sound is so much better on the shadow than on the getaway. Is the shadow DCS and the getaway not?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
Since I got into pinball, my console has seen very little use, in fact I went to play it last night and it refused to read a disc!

It knows!

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Be honest, does the Xbox ever get a look in? :p

Only for TPA now, went 'next-gen' on the PC a little while ago ;)

In fact my Xbox packed in a couple of months ago but I managed to get an old one for free, just so I still had TPA in some form!

SquareWire

May 31, 2012
Congrats on purchasing this awesome table, I used to spend hours playing it in the pipeline bar, liked it a LOT.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
The shadow is such a ridiculously fun table, congrats! I bought mine a month ago and haven't had it shipped yet. My garage is being turned into a game room and should be done in a month or so, and finally I will have my first pin. The lust for a second kicked in the day after I bought my first, its scary

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Seems my euphoria with this pin didn't last long, the coil that resets the drop targets on the battlefield burnt out today. I've ordered a new one but yet to find the cause. Probably the transistor that drives the coil but it seems to test ok with my limited knowledge. I will be very careful when powering up after installing the new coil to see if it stays energised. Oh well, no point crying about it, have to get used to/expect things like this owning a pin.

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
They require constant maintenance, unless they're a modern Stern.
We have a Tron here for the tournament - you can adjust the coil's strength in the menu -wtf?! :)

After three days of public playing my taxi lacks its right GI, right flipper coil has been replaced, Addams lacks left GI and the stand up target at the graveyard starts moving... Getaway's supercharger is quite slow, though all magnets work 100%. Funhouse is working without errors, so is Tron.

In short: our beloved machines need quite some attention :) but we do love them, don't we? :)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Pulled the power driver board out today, replace the dodgy transistor and refitted. The replacement coil I ordered didn't arrive today so not fully tested yet but it was nice to see the machine work after removing and refitting the board.

405548d9d4c460527221be995a0f655c_zps79211f54.jpg

Sorry about the crap photo, S4 is coming tomorrow! :D

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Haha not with this crap photo!. Btw I would love a Tron LE!. Never played one but really like the theme.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
nice job getting the Shadow, i own one (a really minty one but selling it on soon) and love the thing to death.

are you on the UK pinballinfo.com forum by any chance? i think i recognise you from there. TV's Will Barber was saying how his old game had a phurba fall from on top of the backbox, through the glass and almost sticking into the playfield :)

i agree that real pins are an addiction. i bought my first one 3 years ago and now have a garage full of them, that i have to run using a generator as there's no power in there.

current games: AFM BSD CSI MB plus on their way next week FG and FNOES
in the lockup (either stored to keep or will be sold if i ever get a good price): STTNG SS TS
past games: GE SP RG R&B WCS

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Yes that's me Dan. Does FNOES stand for F...knows? I really haven't got a grasp on all the acronyms yet :D. Also BSD? Probably really obvious. FG?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.