This guy plays (badly) in "slow motion"

Tann

Apr 3, 2013

That's not the first time I see this: a guy playing in "slow motion" on the PC version (surely due to a weak config that can't handle high display settings).

But if I could play with a ball that goes so slowly, I could blow all my highscores. (I don't own the PC version anyway)

So, isn't it a kind of exploit bug?

I mean, a "skilled" player could play for ages (once it get used to the slow motion) and put insane highscores.

Well, I doubt anyone is dumb enough to do this, but...

Last edited:

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
What if the slowness also adds a random amount of input lag? That would quickly eliminate any advantage you'd gain from the slow motion. Maybe that's why his game is so so.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Link? Can't see anything on Tapatalk.

Sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=151oUpdiClM

What if the slowness also adds a random amount of input lag? That would quickly eliminate any advantage you'd gain from the slow motion. Maybe that's why his game is so so.

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

But what is weird, is that some stuff goes at the right speed (lights, moving parts) and others don't (ball, DMD). The music and sound FX seems a little bit slowed too.

Last edited:

Nesbro

Jul 18, 2014
Honestly, to me the slow-mo isn't nearly as irritating as the always on-screen chat blocking the view and the constant commenting from the streamer even though she (you guys keep saying "guy", but it's kinda obvious it's a 20-something year old woman talking) really has nothing interesting or insightful to say at all. If you're gonna stream pinball, at least sound like you have something smart to say about game mechanics or something.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I mean, a "skilled" player could play for ages (once it get used to the slow motion) and put insane highscores.

Well, I doubt anyone is dumb enough to do this, but...

The problem is a skilled player can already do that with most released tables. The game slowing down would only make the games take even longer. I could see it being usable to cheat on a handful where early nudging can make a lot of difference and the games don't take as long, like firepower, big shot, central park, etc. For most tables even if there's no input delay, which I doubt, it would just make it harder to put up competitive scores due to the time required. The physics in that video do seem extremely wonky though. I wonder what's going on with her setup.

Members online

Members online