This is what it's about.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Hi guys,

When I get into a hobby, I don't strictly do it for my enjoyment, but I have my friends and family in mind as well. I had that as motivation with my home theater set-up and now use that with pinball.

This is something I posted on Facebook:

I know my obsession with pinball has probably driven some of you nuts with most of my updates being pinball related, but I want to share something that happened yesterday. My wife's car died so I had to have her fuel pump replaced. A mechanic friend of mine came over yesterday to repair it and he brought his nephew along to help. His nephew is probably in his upper 40's. While they worked on the car, I cleaned and rearranged the garage to try and reorganize a bit better. Moving my 3 machines to the other side of the garage meant I had to re-level them and readjust the playfield pitch. The nephew was fascinated to see the machines running and asked if he could play a game. As he played, my wife and I could almost literally see his childhood flashing back in his face. His eyes lit up and he had such a big smile on his face. It felt really good to bring that amount of joy to him in that brief moment. And that, my friends, is what I'm all about.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Nice story. As a child of the 80's I was drawn to video games when I went to the arcade and, unfortunately, didn't notice any of the pins which my dad told me were there. Wish I had that kind of nostalgia.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.