This season I will NOT be buying a season pass. Reasons within.

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
Other than Paragon, the top 4 in the survey are The Shadow (Bally), Congo, Demolition Man, and Sorcerer (all Williams). All 80's/90's Bally and Williams games.

Three of which are movie licenses. Don't hold your breath.

edit: Snipes, Stallone, and Baldwin on the backglasses. Seriously, we're never going to see these.

Last edited:

FrankenBall

Feb 20, 2015
Hope springs eternal, friends. Stars on the backglass? Only Patrick Stewart and the TNG crew, Arnold Schwartzenegger (twice), Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Waits, Raul Julia, Angelica Huston, Christopher Lloyd, Christina Ricci, Kenneth Branagh, Robert De Niro, and Helena Bonham Carter...so far.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Keanu Reeves slipped by on the DMD. But you were talking about backglass. Still.. stuff can happen and stuff

Awek Balwin's face could be photoshopped with one of his brothers for 'The Shadow'.

He has brothers right? One of them tried to host Scare Tactics. I went way off topic. I'm sorry

Last edited:

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
I never played pinball back in the day because I was into video arcade games instead so I don't have any favorites in real life. As for TPA, I enjoy the games with Bally on them the best. Gottlieb do have some stinkers, but they're better than nothing. I assume there won't be any more Stern on TPA since they have SPA so that leaves room for a few extra from everybody including Gottlieb. I buy the Pro Pass as this is the only game in town and I want it to continue for a long time. As for remastering seasons 1 and 2, there's not much money in it for them to do it. So it will be done slowly or not at all IMO. How many are willing to purchase a remastered seasons 1 and 2? I assume not many so what's in it for them? That technology was a couple generations old when they done them.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
I'm always down for the season pass. I want to own as many of these tables as possible, hence why I've gotten all the Pinball Arcade seasons, all of the Zaccaria Pinball tables, and will be picking up Stern tables as they are added in. Not everything will be a gem, but I'm always glad to give every table a fair shake. Sometimes something may surprise you.

I never played pinball back in the day because I was into video arcade games instead so I don't have any favorites in real life. As for TPA, I enjoy the games with Bally on them the best. Gottlieb do have some stinkers, but they're better than nothing. I assume there won't be any more Stern on TPA since they have SPA so that leaves room for a few extra from everybody including Gottlieb. I buy the Pro Pass as this is the only game in town and I want it to continue for a long time. As for remastering seasons 1 and 2, there's not much money in it for them to do it. So it will be done slowly or not at all IMO. How many are willing to purchase a remastered seasons 1 and 2? I assume not many so what's in it for them? That technology was a couple generations old when they done them.

Well, at the very least, they are working on emulating Black Knight, so that's good. And redoing the tables now could save them some effort when they eventually try some new re-release down the line (might not hurt to prep some 4K stuff for the future).

Rittless

Jun 4, 2017
Interesting to see such a strong opinion, but understandable.

In my eyes I was sold on Pinball Arcade quite quickly and now want everything - anything they add is totally welcome even if the table itself stinks. And I'll have you know that the Gottlieb tables are the tables that usually surprise me the most... sure, some are scrap, but I'm a completion and appreciate having them. And for every Bone Busters in the Gottlieb range, there's a TX Sector, or a Victory...

Yes some of the bugs are just silly and at times I'm halfway to writing them an offer for pro bono programming work, but I doubt they would accept it and I don't think any of them are bad enough to warrant not buying any more tables. Hell... table ownership itself is a challenge and full of malfunctions.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.