Thoughts about Mousin' Around & Jack*Bot

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Hi!
I am a total beginner when it comes to real flipper tables, but I am seriously considering purchasing a table. I have been looking at a local pinball repair/lease/sale that seems to have a good reputation.

My thinking was that I get a relatively cheap table since I am clueless, they have a Mousin' Around for $1317. The table seems to be pretty simple but good fun!

When I was looking today I saw they also have a Jack*Bot, but the cost is quite higher at $2445.

What do you guys think? Should I go for a cheap table (in the foreseable future) or buy something more expensive (and more fun perhaps)? I have 0 experience from tinkering with a pinballmachine.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
What about Pin*Bot? You should be able to find that for at least 1k less than your JB.

Whatever you're thinking about buying I'd recommend you look up a few videos on youtube to make sure it doesn't have anything that turns you off (annoying sound, boring gameplay, etc).

I've heard good things about Mousin Around, and it's a System 11 which are solid machines and fairly easy to maintain. Never played it but looks like a fun one.

Last edited:

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
JB can be found for less than 2.5k and I would stay has a bit more depth, although its ruleset is pretty shallow. Mousin' is fun, a great system 11 with some good shots but can get repetitive. MA is more of a flow game (shots feeding back to the flippers for combos) if thats your play style, JB more stop and go, with the visor being a major drain shot. Pinball.org has one gameplay video of MA, and couple videos of tournament footage on JB if you haven't had much time on one or either. This is basically a clinic on how to play JB, on a very hard machine no less.

Both are fun games- the prices seem a bit high, although that obviously depends heavily on condition. Good luck!

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for the input. I really like Pin*Bot and after watching that video I think I might go for Jack*Bot. I'm gonna check with the company selling it, they said of course you can come and try it out before you decide :)
I will buy it at the end of the summer, since the winter is long, cold and boring here in Sweden ;)

The condition of the machine is listed as "very good" (jack*bot)

Last edited:

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
So, the summer is not over yet but I have emailed the shop and told them that I wish to purchase Jack*Bot
Going of the deep end, wish me luck :p

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Good luck! Personally, Mousin' Around is one of my absolute favorite tables. I mean it's no STTNG, but it's a great bargain. wonderful flow on that machine.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I got Jack*Bot delivered on friday and it was cheaper than I originally thought. I paid 2000 dollars for it :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.