tilt on/off does it matter?

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
if you turn our tilt off, does it effect for your(personal...not recorded) high scores? does it affect your gameplay? can you learn from it?

i have played machines IRL in a bar and the tilt was basically broke... except for the slam tilt... and i learned so much about nudging from that machine.

....; i guess my question is..... turning off the tilt, is it a good way for a newbie or a veteran to learn???

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
The joke of course is that you can't turn off tilt until you complete the wizard goals for that table, which means that either people who desperately need it to play better won't be able to unlock it and people who can get through the wizard goals probably have no use for it.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
The joke of course is that you can't turn off tilt until you complete the wizard goals for that table, which means that either people who desperately need it to play better won't be able to unlock it and people who can get through the wizard goals probably have no use for it.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue. I would love to see that unlocked replaced with something like the ability to turn nudging off to really make the game a challenge after you have done all you can with a table.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The tilt setting is very generous on most tables (besides Gorgar). So you really shouldn't need to turn it off.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Yeah, I worked really hard on Gorgar just to get the ability to turn it off. After getting good enough to do so, I didn't bother.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
@ rudy and jeff
yeah i totally agree. though next time i have friends over i am gonna let them play with the tilt off.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I've recently found myself actually caring about the GameCenter standings lately so turning off tilt is never an option.

Jul 2, 2012
While turning tilt off will allow you to experiment, I personally think it's not the right course of action if you really want to learn something.

Tilt was designed to protect pinball machines from sheer abuse and therefore sets the boundaries for how you can affect the game by moving the machine itself. Learning to stay within those boundaries that are there on every pinball machine which has operational tilt sensors is equally important as is learning the nudging techniques themselves. Granted, tilt sensitivity varies from game to game, but basically if you're used to beating a hell out of a machine with no tilt at all, you're not going to get very far playing one that has normal tilt.

esp2000

Jun 4, 2012
I have completed the Wizard goals on a couple of the tables, but even on those I have not played with turning the tilt off.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.