Android - Bug tilt will trigger plunger

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
While the ball is in the trough, instead of hitting the plunge button, the player can shake the table. Somehow, this triggers the plunge button.

This feels like a bug, and not intended behavior.

I can reproduce this on N7 2012 KK running TPA 1.31.3 on these tables: BSD, STTNG, T2, POTO.

The other push button plunge tables do not show this behaviour, like AFM, MM, etc.

Last edited:

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
I just took a look into this.
The table is actually supposed to do this and should auto-launch the ball upon the first Tilt warning.
It seems that all affected tables are running the Williams WPC system, which would explain why the other tables do not display this behavior.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I guess "tilt to launch" is a feature in case the launch button ever malfunctions in the field. :)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I guess "tilt to launch" is a feature in case the launch button ever malfunctions in the field. :)
The normal redundancy here is to use a flipper button on solenoid launched tables. You can even enable it in the operator options. Using a tilt to trigger a launch is odd behavior.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Launching on tilt makes sense. I figure it's 'resetting itself' for the next ball / game.

From a software point of view, less complicated to just ping it out of the way and start afresh, rather than trying to keep track of whether it is or isn't still in the plunger lane.

Launching on the warning is weird though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.