Votes: 47 13.1%
  • Paragon™

Votes: 149 41.6%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 162 45.3%

• Total voters

Berq

Mar 15, 2013
I can't refute that Xenon has relatively limited play value, but its strength was always in its visuals and sound. It created an atmosphere and suggested a sinister story that captured my imagination as a kid. I'd watch it for hours, even after all my quarters were spent. I can't make a compelling argument for recreating it in TPA, but I really want it to happen anyway.

Remember in Seasons 1 & 2 when TPA would release two tables together (e.g. Cue Ball Wizard & El Dorado)? That might be Xenon's ideal debut: as a "sidekick." Certainly it'd be a more memorable one than El Dorado, its audio antithesis.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I can't refute that Xenon has relatively limited play value, but its strength was always in its visuals and sound. It created an atmosphere and suggested a sinister story that captured my imagination as a kid. I'd watch it for hours, even after all my quarters were spent. I can't make a compelling argument for recreating it in TPA, but I really want it to happen anyway.

Remember in Seasons 1 & 2 when TPA would release two tables together (e.g. Cue Ball Wizard & El Dorado)? That might be Xenon's ideal debut: as a "sidekick." Certainly it'd be a more memorable one than El Dorado, its audio antithesis.

" It is a beast, a monster "

RC_Deckman

Dec 26, 2012
Reviewing the fireball gameplay, it'd be maddening to control the zipper feature on a touchscreen, much like using magna-save.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Reviewing the fireball gameplay, it'd be maddening to control the zipper feature on a touchscreen, much like using magna-save.

But the zips aren't controlled by the player. It's controlled by the rollovers and the mushroom bumper.

Tarik

Banned
Dec 27, 2014
Why wasn't Bally's Lost World in the first poll?
It got several nominations and could have easily made it in this Top 3.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Just a hunch, but I bet we'll probably see all three of these eventually so just chill peeps. :)

Still no Eight Ball Deluxe or Seawitch in TPA, so I can't support the "we'll see them all eventually" theory.

I voted Paragon, again. It's on Facebook, so I expect Xenon to win, again.

I'm amused that some are accusing FS of having a runoff because they don't want Xenon to win. If that was the case they they could have bumped it for not being pre-1980.

Bottom line: We were promised an EM for this season and this poll is going to give us one of two solid state machines. Hmmm...

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Hang on!, so because a table won the previous poll that either the mods or FarSight or both didnt like they've decided to ignore that poll and do another?.

Just watch those videos at the top of this page and Paragon just seems so lifeless, it may have a slightly better rule set that Xenon but least Xenon is more entertaining

But i agree FS should really consider doing a 2 table pack for these tables as neither stand up on their own for a single table purchase for me

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Perhaps the reason for the revote is to see how well fireball fairs...

It really did poorly in the first poll all things considered. Now in the new poll it's still lagging. Perhaps Farsight wanted to gauge it's interest as the only EM option. Though I will say I believe most people who would buy and vote for an EM wouldn't go though the hassle to sign up to the forum, so Farsight should make an EM anyway as promised.

I would hope regardless if it wins or not Paragon has more than proved it deserves to be in TPA. And is there really anyone here who doesn't think Xenon wouldn't make its way into TPA eventually?

As far as new members. If you solely want to ***** and complain about this I suggest stop arguing with your fellow fans who have no decision making power and keep to Facebook where you have a direct line of contact with Farsight, whether it's reciprocated or not. To those that want to enjoy pinball with a community, welcome.

Finally Heritic shouldn't be a mod, he should be the SHERIFF!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I went with Paragon!

My take: These are the three tables that they are going to work on. This poll is just to determine which one they should they work on first.

Last edited:

Tarik

Banned
Dec 27, 2014
As far as new members. If you solely want to ***** and complain about this I suggest stop arguing with your fellow fans who have no decision making power and keep to Facebook where you have a direct line of contact with Farsight, whether it's reciprocated or not. To those that want to enjoy pinball with a community, welcome.
We had to sign up because otherwise we couldn't vote.
If you don't like it that new members from Facebook sign up then tell Farsight to stop having their official polls here and let them organize their polls on their official site.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
If you don't like it that new members from Facebook sign up then tell Farsight to stop having their official polls here and let them organize their polls on their official site.

I like having new members. I consider myself a new member. But if you're just here to complain, I'm not too into that.perhaps we'll meet up on another thread and we can discuss your favorite tables. Here it seems like you want some sort of reckoning over a pinball game for a 35 year old table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

Whoa whoa whoa. FarSight creating a poll on their website? That'd push DX11 even farther back!

Truth is, FarSight has always had a good relationship with this unofficial site, and the site benefits from FS sending traffic its way. There have many who came here via Facebook, got hazed, and then proved valuable members. There have been a fare share of trolls that were generated in house too.

To new members, take your lumps and comment back with wit. That will earn you mad kudos. If instead you enter completely adversarial and hating on current members, well don't be surprised by people hating on the new guy. In mass.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
You know what the most irritating thing is? All this fighting over these three Bally games and Fathom is still sitting there...un-digitized. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts