Top 5 early 80´s pins and requests

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Well, here´s my Top-5 of this great era in pinball history (80 to 85). This were the time I really felt in love with pinball at the age of about 15 years.

1. Eight ball deluxe
2. Fathom
3. Centaur
4. Sorcerer
5. Black Knight

My requests:
- Embryon
- Medusa
- Flash Gordon
- Seawith

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Early 80s means 80-83, to me. Fantastic output from that period.

My top 10 (no order):
-Xenon
-Nitro Ground Shaker
-Seawitch
-Black Hole
-Farfalla
-Centaur
-Devil's Dare
-Barracora
-Fathom
-Eight Ball Deluxe

Top realistic wants for TPA:
-Devil's Dare
-Nitro Ground Shaker
-Barracora
-Embryon

Wants that aren't likely to ever happen:
-Any of the good licensed ones like Flash Gordon or Spider-Man
-Any of the good Sterns like Seawitch, Galaxy, Catacomb, Star Gazer, etc.
-Anything good from companies not represented yet
-Alien Poker
-Scorpion
-Volcano
-Frontier
-Cosmic Gunfight

Antonio Gaeta

Jan 3, 2015
Top10 and my requests
1 centaur
2 medusa (my request)
3 sorcerer
4 embryon (my request)
5 xenon
6 spectrum (my request)
7 fathom
8 eight ball deluxe
9 flash gordon (my request)
10 elektra (my request)

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
80's pins are probably my favorite era

My wish list for Bally/Williams: Flash Gordon, Medusa, Frontier, Barracora, Embryon, Defender, Blackout, Viking, Alien Poker, Solar Fire, Pharaoh, Jungle Lord, Cosmic Gunfight, Fireball II, Mystic, Elektra and Time Fantasy.
Gottlieb: Spirit, Alien Star, Devil's Dare and Volcano
Stern Electronics': Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb, Star Gazer, Nine Balls, Big Game and Galaxy.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
here we go ,Elektra , Medusa , Embryon , Magic , Meteor , Galaxy , Cosmic Princess , Nine Ball , Freefall , Catacomb , Cue , Seawitch . there`s a few more , but that `ll do for now !!!:cool:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
here we go ,Elektra , Medusa , Embryon , Magic , Meteor , Galaxy , Cosmic Princess , Nine Ball , Freefall , Catacomb , Cue , Seawitch . there`s a few more , but that `ll do for now !!!:cool:

Heh, never even heard of Cosmic Princess, Pinside had that there was only 336 tables made and the one review said it played like a more advanced Trident.

Apr 8, 2012
Defender (this one really fits their stated goal of preserving machines, less than 400 made I believe)
Blackout
Barracora
Medusa
Mata Hari
Seawitch
Embryon
Fireball II

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'm confused as to how Flight 2000 beat Seawitch. Or Catacomb, Star Gazer, Galaxy, or Meteor.

What exactly were you people doing back then?

Edit:

Defender (this one really fits their stated goal of preserving machines, less than 400 made I believe)

Defender would be great. I'd also love to see Asteroid Annie, for ultra rare stuff.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I'm confused as to how Flight 2000 beat Seawitch. Or Catacomb, Star Gazer, Galaxy, or Meteor.

What exactly were you people doing back then?

Edit:

Defender would be great. I'd also love to see Asteroid Annie, for ultra rare stuff.

Yeah, I even asked during one of the Twitch streams for more of the classic Stern Electronics' tables but Mike said it would be upto Stern if they show up in SPA???? I don't know if he understood that Flight 2000 didn't even get transferred over so it seems they are a separate license. Quicksilver and Seawitch are in the top 75 usually on Pinside and Catacomb and Star Gazer around top 100-110, though I could understand Catacomb not being in cause of the backglass portion but with Banzai Run now that should be possible too.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
As I recall there were a couple folks campaigning hard for Flight 2000. And since many folks hadn’t played any of them, it swayed a lot of voters. I like Flight 2000 and am glad we have it, but I would prefer Seawitch, Catacomb, etc. Classic Stern pins seem to get forgotten, but many of them were very good.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
As I recall there were a couple folks campaigning hard for Flight 2000. And since many folks hadn’t played any of them, it swayed a lot of voters. I like Flight 2000 and am glad we have it, but I would prefer Seawitch, Catacomb, etc. Classic Stern pins seem to get forgotten, but many of them were very good.
Kolchak couldn`t have said it any better , the 2 Womens semis were great last night , now for the men !!! BIG NEWS TRUMPY HAS CALLED IT A DAY ............................ !!!! HAHA :cool:

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
I've played an Elektra machine, but it was about 20 years ago, and I haven't found one since.

I was on summer vacation in southern Missouri, and our resort had a tiny arcade--I remember it had an arcade game called Astro Fighter, and an Elektra machine.

I still remember how utterly creeped out I was by that game's voice, especially the game over speech.

Here's a 2014 video of Todd Tuckey talking about Elektra.

You get to hear that voice too, including the game over speech...it's still as scary as it was when I was a kid.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
They have one at ReplayFX, and I played it the first year I've went.

You've been exposed to Elektra's radiation. Will you return?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
80's pins are probably my favorite era

My wish list for Bally/Williams: Flash Gordon, Medusa, Frontier, Barracora, Embryon, Defender, Blackout, Viking, Alien Poker, Solar Fire, Pharaoh, Jungle Lord, Cosmic Gunfight, Fireball II, Mystic, Elektra and Time Fantasy.
Gottlieb: Spirit, Alien Star, Devil's Dare and Volcano
Stern Electronics': Quicksilver, Seawitch, Catacomb, Star Gazer, Nine Balls, Big Game and Galaxy.

I didn't notice you listed Alien Star before. Good choice. It would have been nice to get a Mylstar rep. Alien Star and Rack 'em Up are definitely the better ones.

Also agree on Elektra having a creepy voice. Pretty fun pin, though. I wonder if some kid ever thought they had actually been irradiated.

karl

May 10, 2012
A lot of dudes with great taste in this thread

15 that I would love to have (in random order)

01 Sea witch
02 Quicksilver
03 Star Gazer
04 Cheetah
05 Skateball
06 Barracora
07 Flash Gordon
08 Defender
09 Medusa
10 Frontier
11 Cosmic Gunfight
12 Alien Poker
13 Solar Fire (the only one I have yet to play of these)
14 Harlem Globetrotters
15 Future Spa

Only Gottlieb worth having from this period is Alien Star, but it is still behind those 15

Damn it! Forgot about Meteor. Now the list is worthless :D

Damn it 2!! Star, Star, Stars

Screw it. Let's add Elektra and Embryon and make it 20 instead

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.