Totally UNofficial "Top 10 of What's Left" - *WILLIAMS NON-LICENSE*

What are your top 10 Williams Tables of what's left?

• Alien Poker (1980)

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Bad Cats (1989)

Votes: 59 48.4%
  • Banzai Run (1988)

Votes: 73 59.8%
  • Barracora (1981)

Votes: 15 12.3%
  • Big Guns (1987)

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • Blackout (1980)

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Comet (1985)

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • Cyclone (1988)

Votes: 59 48.4%
  • Earthshaker (1989)

Votes: 66 54.1%
  • Fire! (1987)

Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Flash (1979)

Votes: 20 16.4%
  • The Getaway: High Speed II (1992)

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • Grand Lizard (1986)

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • Hurricane (1991)

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • Jack•Bot (1995)

Votes: 57 46.7%
  • Jokerz! (1988)

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Jungle Lord (1981)

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Laser Cue (1984)

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Millionaire (1987)

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • Police Force (1989)

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Red & Ted's Road Show (1994)

Votes: 77 63.1%
  • Riverboat Gambler (1990)

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • Road Kings (1986)

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Solar Fire (1981)

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Sorcerer (1985)

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Space Station (1987)

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Stellar Wars (1979)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Swords of Fury (1988)

Votes: 41 33.6%
  • Time Warp (1979)

Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Warlok (1982)

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I think a lot of these are obvious choices for most.

My votes were:

- Bad Cats
- Banzai Run
- Cyclone
- Earthshaker
- Fire!
- The Getaway: High Speed II
- Jack*Bot
- Red & Ted's Roadshow
- Sorcerer
- Swords of Fury

That's funny - because that is exactly what I voted for :)

Top 3 to make my TPA life complete:

Banzai Run
Cyclone
Red & Ted's Road Show

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Well, unlike PinWiz's polls, these polls split Bally/Midway from Williams.

Williams and Bally had separate polls in the PAF Top Ten polls and were not combined.

Poll #2 : Williams

Poll #3 : Bally

Last edited:

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Love to see Fire! get a day in the TPA - after all shouldn't there be a Chicago-themed table given all these companies were based there?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Have you heard of 'Old Chicago'? I don't know much about it. Just know that my uncle has one, and seems to like it

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah Old Chicago looks like a great table. Love to see that if they ever decide to drop in an electro-mechanical again.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Flash is an under-rated table and I think the first pin to have background 'music' during gameplay. Fire, also under-appreciated. Comet has the first million-shot.

invitro

May 4, 2012
One would think the license would be nearly free, as the company would be grateful for the exposure.
I am curious if there are any facts to support this and similar assertions. I don't think this is how licenses work, because if they did, lots of licensed tables would be present already.

The only fact I am aware of regarding the cost of licenses is that songs by well-known recording artists are quite expensive, if I'm remembering that correctly, anyway.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Regarding HS2 - would there be licensing issues with the soundtrack? Dunno how accommodating ZZ Top would be if that were the case.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Hasn't it been established that HS2 and Road Show are licensed? HS2 for ZZ Top, and RS for Carlene Carter?

Was there a thread discussing which tables should be placed in a poll? I suppose not, as this error (if it indeed is an error) would have been caught. I suggest in the future, making such a thread to have more valid results.

I am disappointed at seeing yet another poll with tables grouped by manufacturer. I have talked about this before, so to recap: doing this gains nothing, but has a huge negative in that it loses information, namely how much more a WMS table is wanted compared to a Gottlieb/Stern table. I don't even think separating licensed/non-licensed is necessarily a good idea. These separations can always be performed after the poll results are complete.

I would like to be corrected if my logic or facts are incorrect. :)

I can't complain about the choices for Williams tables, except for the absence of EMs, and I would've included Pharoah. And maybe Laser Ball, Tri Zone, Scorpion, Algar, Varkon, Cosmic Gunfight, Defender, Firepower II, Time Fantasy, Star Light, ...

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Hasn't it been established that HS2 and Road Show are licensed? HS2 for ZZ Top, and RS for Carlene Carter?

Was there a thread discussing which tables should be placed in a poll? I suppose not, as this error (if it indeed is an error) would have been caught. I suggest in the future, making such a thread to have more valid results.

I am disappointed at seeing yet another poll with tables grouped by manufacturer. I have talked about this before, so to recap: doing this gains nothing, but has a huge negative in that it loses information, namely how much more a WMS table is wanted compared to a Gottlieb/Stern table. I don't even think separating licensed/non-licensed is necessarily a good idea. These separations can always be performed after the poll results are complete.

I can't complain about the choices for Williams tables, except for the absence of EMs, and I would've included Pharoah. And maybe Laser Ball, Tri Zone, Scorpion, Algar, Varkon, Cosmic Gunfight, Defender, Firepower II, Time Fantasy, Star Light, ...

You make valid points, and I did consider some of the points you made... however, the maximum number of selections that can be offered by a poll on here is 30. That alone helped me make most of the poll decisions.

If we could have unlimited poll slots, then I would've just made one large one with every table that hasn't been added yet, and done a "Choose your top 50" or something like that. But given our limitations with the polls on here, I thought it best to continue a similar "by manufacturer" poll style because A) It allows for the 30 choice cap easier... though some tables will unfortunately be left off, and B) it's a poll method that we know for a fact that FarSight has responded to in the past. The last several tables of the previous two seasons have come from the results of "by manufacturer" polls.

So, while you made valid points, I don't really feel that I have done anything wrong in creating the polls as they are. Given that we've received very few licensed tables, I felt it was a good idea to separate the licensed tables from the non-licensed tables, because under the 30 choice cap, taking the licensed tables away would allow for more non-licensed table choices to make the poll.

As for HS2 and RS... I based the license/non-license classification on the main table theme and not individual songs that may appear in the games. Song rights are (usually) much easier to clear up than obtaining the rights to movie titles, actor likenesses, logos, sound clips, music, etc. that a licensed table may require. I didn't feel one or two songs would matter as much as sorting out the issues of an entire table. Maybe I was wrong, but this was my reasoning. :)

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
It seems to me as though Cyclone and Earthshaker are foregone conclusions.

My votes:
Bad Cats
Banzai
Comet
Cyclone
Getaway
Jack*Bot
Police Force
Red and Ted
Sorcerer
Swords of Fury

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Went with these (but there is more than a few on the list I have not played, like road kings)

-Fire
-Flash
-Banzai
-Getaway
-Red and Ted
-Barracora
-Jack Bot
-Lazer Cue
-Swords of Fury
-Solar Fire

Extork

Mar 14, 2013

So you're going to try to point out flaws with a poll, because your idea is much better? Either you vote or you don't. The logical decision would be to create your own poll. It would be great to have one with licensed and unlicensed, so go do it. This is a democracy, is it not?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.