Tournament Ended Early?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
It's 4:30 Pacific and the tournament seems to have ended. I thought it said it would go until 11:59? I'd carved out three hours tonight to take down Roy's Genie high score. Grr...

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
well crap! that is unexpected. it distinctly said on the intro screen that it would end at midnight tonight!

oh well -- can't be too disappointed with 3rd place :D :D :D

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, I could have sworn it said midnight tonight. That's okay though. I was mostly just checking in to see if I'd need a late push to stay in the top 200, and I came in 142nd, so that works for me.

Congrats Pezpunk! (And to everyone else who made the top 10.) The competition was fierce, but that was really fun. Great way to push players to aim for higher scores.

I couldn't help noticing that my tournament scores didn't get registered on the normal tables. I beat a few of my top scores in the tourney, but the new high scores don't show up on the tables outside of tournament mode. My Hall of Fame scores also didn't change for those tables. Can't go back and see what the scores were, either.

Anyway, no big deal. I'm sure I can beat them again eventually.

Let's do another one of these soon!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My goal was to be in the top 50. But I just couldn't get there. Happy to finish at 76 + I got personal bests on STTNG, EATPM, and Genie.
The top scores were very impressive. Congrats to everyone that participated.

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
My goal was to be in the top 50. But I just couldn't get there. Happy to finish at 76 + I got personal bests on STTNG, EATPM, and Genie.

I'm right behind you at #77. :)

I think my favorite table from the tournament was Creature, simply because I've never played it in real life and I hadn't played it all that much on TPA before.

K

Korven

Beeing in GMT in glad it ended early, fearing some crazy drop in rankings over night. I probably played Genie more than all the other tables combined in this tournamnet and last night I finally pushed myself into the top 200 for that table and thus landed on #49 overall :)

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012

Hmmm, weird thing... I just checked this morning and I was 60th. Now I am 61th... You also dropped one in rank. Late entries?!

Mario.

KithKanan

Dec 25, 2012
Hmmm, weird thing... I just checked this morning and I was 60th. Now I am 61th... You also dropped one in rank. Late entries?!

Hmm, yeah. When it first said the tournament was over I was 76th, then when I checked after Kolchak's post I was 77th, now I'm 78th. Seems rather odd.

SpiffyRob

May 5, 2012
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed. I was really busy for most of the tournament period, so only got one or two plays for each table in. Was planning on spending some time after the Super Bowl to try to raise the rank, but it had already ended.

Ah well, hopefully the next one starts soon. It's a really fun way to play!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
356 for me. I'm really happy with that. Couldn't dedicate much time this month to it, so that ranking is great considering.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Congrats to all of you high ranking tournament players. There were a lot of very impressive score up there. I'm not sure what happened, but I had score on three tables that would not post. I'm sure I wasn't the only one as I have a very problem free TPA experience otherwise.

karl

May 10, 2012
I ended up at nr 14. The tournament lasted to long if you ask me. I kept dropping further down the list every day :) Pretty happy anyway. Looking forward to the next one, but please Farsight keep it short and sweet. 5 tables, 5 days would be perfect

samtny

Feb 29, 2012
No. 2 finisher here :) I, too, was planning a last minute assault on the top finisher (it was possible to squeeze in a higher score for Elvira, as I successfully did on CFTBL, and I was hoping for a little luck on Genie). Thwarted by the early end, but not really complaining. I understand Farsight is basically beta-testing the tournaments still.

P.S.; Is there a "share your tips for pinball arcade" thread around here somewhere? Point me to it and I will illustrate a few things in general and also per each table, directly from my 2nd Place "pontificating platform" ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
P.S.; Is there a "share your tips for pinball arcade" thread around here somewhere? Point me to it and I will illustrate a few things in general and also per each table, directly from my 2nd Place "pontificating platform" ;)

Check the tables subforums. There's a "Tactics and Strategies" for each table there.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Most of the individual table forums have a "Tactics and Strategies" thread that houses general tips and commentary on strategy for that table. Some of them have a more in-depth guide that I or one of the other members here wrote. At least for the 8 guides that I've written, your comments and critiques are welcomed!

Members online

Members online