Tournament Scores Can Be Hacked

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Sorry TPA forum fans. I made an innocent mistake while playing Cactus Canyon in the tournament and my score posted to Space Shuttle. This makes the whole tournament bogus.

I sincerely apologize for ruining this tournament. The hi score transference bug from one table to another can be done truly innocently.

I am not tablet savvy and like Luobo, this was truly innocent.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I'm a bit curious how it's done. I've never done it but would be kind of annoyed if I did it by mistake. Would hate having some bonkers unobtainable score by my name.
Kind of one of those things you can't post to tell people to avoid it because more would actually use it.
Maybe you could pm someone from FarSight and see if you can get it removed.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm a bit curious how it's done. I've never done it but would be kind of annoyed if I did it by mistake. Would hate having some bonkers unobtainable score by my name.
Kind of one of those things you can't post to tell people to avoid it because more would actually use it.

Please don't post information on how to exploit this glitch. FarSight already has all the details and is currently working on a fix.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012

Gord - Jeff - Sean - or PinWiz -- Who should I contact to tell them of my mistake. The Space Shuttle score is the only one of mine that I messed up. The rest of my scores are legit. You can check them out - they are pretty low.

Grasshopper - It's easy to do it by mistake. When I read the post that they thought the Space Shuttle score was hacked, I went and checked and was shocked that it was my name.

I am sure once they get the bug fixed, either Luobos - original finder of the bug -, FarSight or I will share when they do get it fixed.

This does ruin my playing of TPA till they get the bug fixed. Even if I would get a legit high score on a machine, then it will be in question. At least I can play with the wi-fi off and not have any scores posted.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Gord - Jeff - Sean - or PinWiz -- Who should I contact to tell them of my mistake. The Space Shuttle score is the only one of mine that I messed up. The rest of my scores are legit. You can check them out - they are pretty low.

You can PM Mike Reitmeyer if you'd like.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Yeah man, that's what scares me. I don't want a score I personally can't beat I know is fake by my name.
I know you're a stand up guy from the 1 ball challenge thread. Hope ya didn't get any trouble over it.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Yeah man, that's what scares me. I don't want a score I personally can't beat I know is fake by my name.
I know you're a stand up guy from the 1 ball challenge thread. Hope ya didn't get any trouble over it.

I would be in trouble if I had not admitted my ignorant mistake and someone found out. I have great faith in this forum and the people who are members of this wonderful pinball hangout. I am sure they understand I did not do this with malice.

***PinWiz***** Thanks for the information on whom to PM.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Still wondering if its an Android only thing. There is no way on an ipad to switch tables other than after quitting them. Also there is no way to post high scores manually.
I literally played hundreds of games, maybe started over a thousand. Have seen loads of bugs, but never encountered this one on IOS.

How can we trust the current tournament leaderboard this way? Anyone knowing the bug can use it without being detected.

It might be a good idea to share it anyway so we all can check and misbehave so farsight needs to fix it once and for all.
I played a lot in the latest tournament. Still in the top 20, but I consider stop playing now because of this bug showing up again.

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Ok I now know how it works too. Indeed very easy to do. Works on IOS as well.
I now lost my interest in the current tournament. :(

Really frustrates me. Played a lot of hours the last week, had fun though. But knowing everyone can use this glitch and getting a higher score without all the effort is really frustrating.

Last edited:

Mayuh

Sep 2, 2012
Really frustrates me. Played a lot of hours the last week, had fun though. But knowing everyone can use this glitch and getting a higher score without all the effort is really frustrating.

Frank, no problem, I just hope that FS will clean up the scores before the tournament has ended. There's a 90mil score on space shuttle right now...

...on a side note: why am I frustrated because of a 1.2 billion game on WhiteWater? :) playing too much tournament...

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
The thing is, you don't have to put up an obvious fake like 100 mill on Space Shuttle. A "smart" hacker would just put themselves slightly ahead of first place. So all scores are suspect.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Why someone would cheat is beyond me, where is the satisfaction in knowing you didn't actually achieve those scores.
I've never personally had this bug happen and wouldn't want to know how to do it on purpose.
Hopefully Farsight will find a way to fix that before the next tournament.

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Why someone would cheat is beyond me, where is the satisfaction in knowing you didn't actually achieve those scores.
I've never personally had this bug happen and wouldn't want to know how to do it on purpose.
Hopefully Farsight will find a way to fix that before the next tournament.

Congratulations, awesome play!

Hope FS will fix the issue. There is an update available for IOS, but nothing about this bug in the release notes.
Don't know why people use it on purpose. I enjoy playing the games as they are. Want to achieve scores myself by playing.
But it is quite frustrating not knowing if the score that I try to beat is real or a fraud.

And if it is so easy to cheat, people will use it. Online cheaters are everywhere; Wordfeud, Chess, Pinball Arcade.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Cheating does not compute

Weirdos

Edit- obviously frank made an honest mistake

But the rest can go **** themselves tbh i feel sorry that they feel a need to

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
Congratulations, awesome play!

Hope FS will fix the issue. There is an update available for IOS, but nothing about this bug in the release notes.
Don't know why people use it on purpose. I enjoy playing the games as they are. Want to achieve scores myself by playing.
But it is quite frustrating not knowing if the score that I try to beat is real or a fraud.

And if it is so easy to cheat, people will use it. Online cheaters are everywhere; Wordfeud, Chess, Pinball Arcade.

Agreed and thanks 9u1d0! Congrats on your 2nd place spot, you almost got me ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.