Tourney 2015-12-14: CftBL, FH, HS, Pin*Bot, SST, Taxi, WWater, Xenon

invitro

May 4, 2012
It'd be better if all you top players just played on consoles. They don't cost that much and they are miles better for playing pinball on. And you'd be playing against genuine scores.
I think PC is miles better. But that's just an opinion. Here's a fact: PSN has half the number of deleted scores that PC does. Here are the number of deleted scores per platform in the current TPA_deleted_scores.csv file:

224 ios
122 pc
68 psn
50 android
42 osx

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
You never ever see an unlikely score at the top of a PSN leaderboard. It happens all the time, everytime on the other ones. What's miles better about it? All you ever do is moan about being hacked. How can it be better? The console controller is a perfect representation of a real pinball table's buttons. Pinball is the perfect console game.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Sorry guys, this discussion is endless and a little bit annoying in this context. I've setup two or three videos that show how to reach my tournament scores in the time limit and get this as a comment:

Well, Tarek has 800 points in Gold in the Xmas tournament, also suspicious??

I believe most of the hacked scores are server attacks. The console leaderboard server isn't hosted by Farsight, that should be the reason for genuine scores. Don't know if it's really free, I can't see the console leaderboard. At least it's no fun to play for good scores under this conditions. I don't believe that Farsight take control of the situation in the near future. Maybe I'll change to console someday. Or cancel pinball and play dice games only... :(

Last edited:

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
You never ever see an unlikely score at the top of a PSN leaderboard. It happens all the time, everytime on the other ones. What's miles better about it? All you ever do is moan about being hacked. How can it be better? The console controller is a perfect representation of a real pinball table's buttons. Pinball is the perfect console game.

You are not the one getting messages about being a cheat... Thankfully I record everything and just tell them to watch ;-)

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
You two great players are not getting what I'm saying. All I'm saying is that there is no cheating in console tables. Voof already plays in it.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
Playing on PC in portrait mode with console controller. The score-hacking is getting regular work from farsight. PC gets all new tables first. I see not one advantage of the console.

suffocater

Apr 4, 2015
There are scores that will be flagged as or are obviously false. They will be removed. Even in a tourney they will be removed before the end and if after the end, the scores and placements will be corrected. No harm to my gamingexperience.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
It is pathetic and laughable to even hack a score on any game, but a pinball game? Its essentially you vs the table, the only person to cheat in that equation is yourself. No one should care if a cheater posts a score, they are only hoping to 'troll' players just dont allow it to bother you. Not that I am even good enough to get barely edged by a cheat, I am thankful for amazing players, seeing people ahead of me on a score board makes me analyze my game and strive to improve.

PC is by far the best TPA experience imo, I still use a ps4 controller only with its full capabilities unlocked with a program called ds4 tool. Plus I am way to impatient to wait for my favorite game as long as consoles make you.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
The last two posts are absolute bull****. The fake scores are almost never removed, certainly not live during a tournament and there are never any cheat scores on the console leaderboards. Of course it's pathetic and laughable to hack leaderboards, but loads of people on PCs do it and all we ever get on these forums is people crying about their best scores being affected by it. So if they don't like it then don't play on a PC and play on a console instead.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
The last two posts are absolute bull****. The fake scores are almost never removed, certainly not live during a tournament and there are never any cheat scores on the console leaderboards. Of course it's pathetic and laughable to hack leaderboards, but loads of people on PCs do it and all we ever get on these forums is people crying about their best scores being affected by it. So if they don't like it then don't play on a PC and play on a console instead.

Pretty sure are mistaken sir. Multiple sources have confirmed they are removed, and they do exist on consoles. You are just barking up a tree after the squirrel has already left it.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
There are still scores on game leaderboards such as Big Shot that are ludicrous and have been there for years. Look at that board if you don't believe me. I have never seen a PSN tournament leaderboard hacked.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
I've never even seen anyone complain about the scores in the PSN tournaments, It's all you ever hear in the PC tournaments.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The fake scores are almost never removed, certainly not live during a tournament and there are never any cheat scores on the console leaderboards. Of course it's pathetic and laughable to hack leaderboards, but loads of people on PCs do it and all we ever get on these forums is people crying about their best scores being affected by it.
I count three (maybe four) factually false statements. Dude, you are making a fool of yourself. Please get a grip. I'm not sure how to call a moderator, so I'll just say @shutyertrap, we maybe could use some help here. :(

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really don't have a horse in this race. Or at least not a credible one. When I was playing on PS3, I did see fake scores in tournament. This was prior to PC release. Don't know about now. There is a reason I started up TotM, and a lot of it had to do with my frustration over the tourneys.

And yeah, PC kicks butt over consoles. I play with a controller, tables come out when announced, patches drop all the time, new features get beta tested there first, and it looks phenomenal. I haven't regretted jumping platforms in the least.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've done the Funhouse video:

https://youtu.be/BRZj_nNP1HQ

It's about half an hour gameplay with 350M score. Add the first multiball (02:55-10:10) with 120M and the last multiball (25:00-32:17) with 170M and you have 290M in 14 minutes. Thats 40M more than my current tournament score. 6 minutes remain to light both multiballs. Best to play all in one multiball. Forget the part between the multiballs. :p It's not my best gameplay...

I upgraded my hardware and recording is much smoother now. So here's another better quality Funhouse vid, 340M within the 20 minute time limit:

https://youtu.be/rGm4gR0aiZ0

Forgot to drain the last 2 balls in time. Subtract 10M or so for this...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.