TPA freezes my system

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've posted this question a few weeks ago in another thread. The problem still exists. So one more time. TPA always freeze my system after a few hours. This occurs only with some tables, not all. For example BSD, White Water, Bone Busters, Monster Bash. In addition the framerate drops down to 30 FPS from time to time for a few minutes or seconds. Am I the only one with this problem and is it worth to reinstall my PC? The system is stable in all other applications. All drivers are up to date. It's a windows 10 x64 OS and it happens since the Dr. Who release. I know, there are only a few other long game time players. Anyone can confirm this?

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
... In addition the framerate drops down to 30 FPS from time to time for a few minutes or seconds. Am I the only one with this problem and is it worth to reinstall my PC? ... It's a windows 10 x64 OS and it happens since the Dr. Who release. can confirm this?

W7 x64, I experienced the random stutters for what felt like a solid minute every 20~60 minutes or so in long games.. looking at the table packs I'd say it was when TX-Sector released. My SSD died before its [TX-Sector] release so I don't think a new OS install would help. Have you replaced any hardware since DWho?

I thought, since no one else was mentioning it, my issues were my own.

happened many times in my 100B BoP game back in july, so it's game wide..

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
sounds to me like a memory leak after extended play(just a guess) if anyone has the time an inclination profile the game and set a macro to play a game(might not even be needed) and over night jobby to be sure...but outside of farsight its probably the only way to reasonably test such a bug, these edge cases would be harder to find..and it might help find asoultion quicker...just sayin...space bacon!

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
I'd pause and alt-tab to look at the task manager at those times when it was bad and it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary was happening, assumed it was the new SSD being garbage.

I used to get Application hangs, only because I had .dll's that loaded with the game which made it unstable in long games, but it wasn't x360ce in the end.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I'd pause and alt-tab to look at the task manager at those times when it was bad and it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary was happening, assumed it was the new SSD being garbage.

I used to get Application hangs, only because I had .dll's that loaded with the game which made it unstable in long games, but it wasn't x360ce in the end.

It's not possible to start the taskmanager when this happens. No other programs react. Sometimes I can try for a short time to launch another program in the startmenu, but nothing happens. CTRL-ALT-DEL does not work. The mouse work sometimes for a few minutes, in most cases all is froozen...

Last edited:

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I've switched the hardware and my last BSD game was stable now. I suspect a thermic CPU or GPU problem for the freeze. I hope it's solved, I'll try another table in the next days. The slow frame rate from time to time is still there. Relaxation confirmed this too, I believe that's definitive a TPA software problem.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I see that intermittent slowdown too, for roughly one minute every hour or two. Task manager usually shows that it's Steam demanding all that CPU time. Which is perhaps the worst situation -- Steam is tied to TPA and can't be changed out, but Farsight can't fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.