Android - Bug TPA loses track of table resources after app is interrupted

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I'm running a stock 1st gen Nexus 7, not rooted, with Jellybean 4.3 and TPA 1.17. I've got a magnet-close cover on my tablet which TPA really dislikes: I have it configured so closing the cover locks the screen. Doing this while TPA is running often causes spontaneous failures when re-launching the app. It's not 100% consistent, but it appears to be tied to the sudden suspension of the task by bypassing the in-game menu or one of the OS soft buttons.

Some failures I've seen:

• Dropping the "About this table" text and button labels (see screenshot)
  • Losing all on-screen controls, including DMD and in-game menu and camera buttons
  • Ball skin lost, leaving an all-black ball
  • Random mapping appearance of the ball skin in other locations (see screenshot)
  • Very stuttery gameplay: pausing causes the on-screen controls and DMD to vanish

Sometimes, the app will simply crash, like it's trying to dereference a stale pointer. Other times it will soldier on bravely, before finally crashing at the end-of-game attract sequence, or at some other point when the app needs to load some resource that it set up way back when it was initialized. Either way, it seems that TPA has lost some key resources.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts