PC - Request TPA on the Lenovo Horizon Giant Tablet?

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
I've been considering getting one of these based on the possibility that tpa might work on it.
The Aura program has a few games and apps but no pinball yet. A lot of what that video shows has no real use for me, besides the android pairing. I know it comes with bluestacks and I've seen an example of android pinball being played on it, but not as a tabletop game. You couldn't turn the screen around to use the full birds eye view of the game. You'd have to play like you would on any normal monitor, which completely defeats the purpose. Basically, I just want to play pinball on a tabletop monitor, that simulates an actual pinball table.

I also don't trust bluestacks in general to run smoothly. The Horizon is a full Windows PC, so I'm sure I could get TPA through steam. The question remains though, would I be able to play TPA as an all purpose table top? Similarly with ZP and VP, but mainly for TPA. Does anybody have experience with this? Are there better alternatives out there? Would a custom built system be better?

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Yeah, plenty of all-in-one PCs out there. The HP envy recline can be used sort of as a tabletop, but not in the giant tablet sort of way that the Horizon works. It just slides under you, like a desk extension.

There's gotta be a way to do it. They made this pinball machine just for the ZP walking dead game.

If I could make this work on the Lenovo, I would totally pay someone to build me a custom arcade box for it. But if the steam version can't simulate the portrait view for this kind of thing, then perhaps I'll have to request this directly to Farsight. This table top idea may need to get a bit more popular before that happens though, so Lenovo needs to do it's part as well, and expand more on this Aura system.

N

netizen

The steam version will play in portrait view, you just have to set the desktop rotation via windows and then select the appropriate resolution via the TPA config tool.

If you want to have a virtual pincab type thing, you may be better off building your own or buying one. The lenovo, or other all in one PCs, do not really seem designed with gaming in mind.

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
The steam version will play in portrait view, you just have to set the desktop rotation via windows and then select the appropriate resolution via the TPA config tool.

If you want to have a virtual pincab type thing, you may be better off building your own or buying one. The lenovo, or other all in one PCs, do not really seem designed with gaming in mind.

Okay, yeah if custom is better, I'd go with custom. Do you know any good virtual pincab examples out there? What kind of operating system, and screen works best, because I'd love to have as many pinball games besides TPA as possible. Perhaps even a monitor that would just take my galaxy tab screen and enlarge it, with custom bluetooth flippers on the cab, or something.

I wouldn't necessarily want to be cheap about it, but cutting costs where I could would be beneficial. ;)

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
Actually, after doing some research, on virtual pincabs, I realize I might be thinking a little small here. I definitely have a larger goal in mind now. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts