TPA PS4 US launch countdown!

Rodricula

Mar 20, 2013
I have ordered the Bluray Disc Version at Amazon Germany. Delivery Date 29.11.13
Today I have received an E-Mail from Amazon that the TPA Version for PS4 will be delivered at 24 January 2014.
Thats no good news

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
I know there's a disc version for the EU, however it could be available slightly earlier digitally I suppose. No manufacturing and distribution to worry about.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm guessing it's the UK version. It's coming out in 6 days according to this.

220x220.png

http://www.shopto.net/video%20games/ps4/PS4PI00-pinball-arcade

I'd probably buy a complete US PS4 disc with Season 1 & 2 tables as long as they are not in need of serious fixes or anything.
It would be cool if they offered a code with the disc to download the DLC version of TPA to the PS4 hdd so you don't need to bother with the disc.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

220x220.png

I'd probably buy a complete US PS4 disc with Season 1 & 2 tables as long as they are not in need of serious fixes or anything.
It would be cool if they offered a code with the disc to download the DLC version of TPA to the PS4 hdd so you don't need to bother with the disc.

This is what I'm hoping for as well.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Brill, Hope it is out for the UK launch next week.

Managed to have a close-up look at the PS4 pad today and the triggers are a marked improvement on the DS3 pad.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Sorry, I meant that they'd said the 50% off would only work if you bought the *PS4* season pack through the game, rather than through the store. It wouldn't matter how you bought the PS3/Vita tables.

IIRC Bobby explained that anyone who purchased 4 or more tables from the Season 1 selection would be eligible for the 50% off deal. This was in the interview with Jeff and SYT.

I hope it works correctly because I have a brand new PS4 in the next room in which i'm waiting to become useful. ;)

joeblow

Feb 26, 2013

220x220.png

They wouldn't do that because retail owners could then sell the disc while still being able to play the digital version, which takes away from future TPA disc sales that they can profit from.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
They wouldn't do that because retail owners could then sell the disc while still being able to play the digital version, which takes away from future TPA disc sales that they can profit from.

If it was a code included with the disc it could only be used once and would be no different than other games like Rock Band where you can use your code once to export song DLC. In this case it would be table DLC.

Besides, its not likely most players will buy both the PS4 disc and PS4 DLC version of TPA.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
There are ways it could be done effectively. The original purchaser could get a code for the unlock keys for the download version like spoonman said. They could also do what Capcom did with SSF4 and allow the game to be fully installed from the disc and at that point it would basically be just like the downloaded version. That would actually be the best way to go in terms of giving people that buy the physical copies the best of both worlds.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
But once they install the game, no matter how it works, they can sell the disc. The buyer of the disc would be limited to only playing with the disc in the machine but still you have one sale and two users.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Yes, that is true. Its not the most conservative approach if trying to prevent any people from playing the game without paying for it is the primary goal. But realistically getting the game into more people's hands is a good thing for TPA's installment DLC model and making the disc-based alternative convenient for would be buyers probably does more good than harm. The disc without the license wouldn't sell for a lot anyway so most people would probably just keep the disc.

Its not really any different than having two accounts being able to play the game from one account's PS Store purchase either if you look at it that way.

Sir_LANs-a-lot

Jun 1, 2012
Is there any news of when this might be available in the UK? - I see Sony have confirmed the launch titles and it seems TPA isn't amongst them sadly. Hopefully it will be shortly after launch though? :confused:

Alex Atkin UK

Sep 26, 2012
If it was a code included with the disc it could only be used once and would be no different than other games like Rock Band where you can use your code once to export song DLC. In this case it would be table DLC.

Besides, its not likely most players will buy both the PS4 disc and PS4 DLC version of TPA.

You seem to be glossing over the fact you still had to PAY to export those songs plus had to have bought a newer copy of the game to play them on. Pinball Arcade the base game is now free, so its a very different situation.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
There was pretty much no store update for the North American PS4 store this week as far as I could tell. Fingers crossed for this coming Tuesday though!!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
We know that season one is coming as a set in the coming week or weeks. Any word on how we're getting season two on the PS4? As a set or individual packs? I'd guess season two will also come as a set sometime early next year with the season three packs following at least two months behind the mobile platforms like the way it is now. Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts