Bug TPA (Steam PC) Configuration Crash

John Penner

Feb 15, 2017
Hi folks. I was excited to hear that cabinet support has come to TPA. I have been playing the DX11 tables on my computer (Win 10 64 bit, 16GB RAM, AMD R9 270 2GB video card) in 1080p desktop mode with no issues.
When I saw the FreeCameraMod, I thought I would see if I could get it working. I downloaded and followed the tutorial, which instructed me to re-configure my DX11 setting in the TPA Configuration Utility (Admin mode). Every time I try to adjust the settings, I get a fatal exception error which tells me that my "c:\users\myname\documents\my games\pinball arcade\dx11.....dat is missing.
I scoured the net and saw that the required file may have been inadvertently placed in my TPA Steam drive. I searched for the file there, but could not find it.
Is this a common error? Is there an official fix?
I can launch the freecameramod, but it does not allow me to make changes. The camera rocks around and then bounces back to where I started.
I do not believe it is a problem with the mod and I think it may be a TPA issue.
I would sure like to get my cabinet started with these great tables, but this glitch is slowing me down.
Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
This is possibly related to an issue we've had in the past, could you try this and let me know if it helps? Be careful in the registry, you could easily break something if you mess with the wrong values!

1. Press WIN + R on your keyboard
2. In the "Run" box that opens, type regedit and press enter
3. Using the folder tree on the left side of the regedit program that just opened, navigate to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PinballArcade\PinballArcade
4. In the panel on the right, look for the SavePath value, and make sure it's value isn't pointing at the "Stern Pinball Arcade" folder instead of the "Pinball Arcade" folder.

This is an example of the correct SavePath value: C:\Users\Brandon\My Games\Pinball Arcade

John Penner

Feb 15, 2017
This is possibly related to an issue we've had in the past, could you try this and let me know if it helps? Be careful in the registry, you could easily break something if you mess with the wrong values!

1. Press WIN + R on your keyboard
2. In the "Run" box that opens, type regedit and press enter
3. Using the folder tree on the left side of the regedit program that just opened, navigate to this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\PinballArcade\PinballArcade
4. In the panel on the right, look for the SavePath value, and make sure it's value isn't pointing at the "Stern Pinball Arcade" folder instead of the "Pinball Arcade" folder.

This is an example of the correct SavePath value: C:\Users\Brandon\My Games\Pinball Arcade

Worked like a dream. Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.