TPA Story Mode

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
This is an idea for a game mode for future TPA versions.

The goal of the game is to build your own personal gameroom/arcade filled with pins, win tournaments, and upgrade your tables. You start the game in your own gameroom with only one or two old dingy pinball machines (say Big Shot and Firepower). You can visit local arcades to pay to play tables, gamble on games, and compete in tournaments. You can earn money to buy pins and build your gameroom. Your tables must be maintained and can also be upgraded.

The arcades you visit would get better in quality as you progress and unlock new areas. Locations such as the local dive bar, laundrymat, wing joint, mall arcade would have several tables in varying state of repair. You could meet computer players or even online opponents to gamble and compete in tournaments. Eventually you unlock The Pinball Hall of Fame or PAPA tournament and compete for big bucks and prizes against the pros.

The game could be mostly menu driven, but it would be awesome to bring the menu scene from PHOF to life! I'm imagining a first person or third person view when you enter locations.

If someone made this game I will have to quit my job.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This sounds like it could be really fun. My favorite mode in sports games is the career mode where you create your own dude and work your way up to the big leagues. I never thought of something like that in a pinball form, but it has the potential to be something cool.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
What about a game similar ti gamedev story?

Pinball and or arcade owner

Thsts be cool
I never played that game. Heard of it. I guess I better get it huh :cool:

This sounds like it could be really fun. My favorite mode in sports games is the career mode where you create your own dude and work your way up to the big leagues. I never thought of something like that in a pinball form, but it has the potential to be something cool.
Yea me too. I've been playing NHL recently, the become a pro mode. You have to start at the minors and work your way up.

This game could include broken games at some of the locations. Imagine gambling on a game with a friend online over a game of TOTAN where the Lamp is broken, it's stuck! It won't spin! Or playing a game of Funhouse with a broken hotdog shot that won't register. Plungers could be worn, ramps cracked, and drop targets get stuck. The right flipper is weak on Firepower so you can barely make the lock shot.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
To OP. This is a fantastic Idea. I would love to play a pinball game where there is always new things you could do like that. The possibilities is endless. Was never a fan of games like sims, football manager etc. but this I would play. A lot :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts