TPA Streaming Thread

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Don't listen to time frames doctors give you...if you have the will to live, you'll be with us for as long as your willing to fight for it.

Im a student of eastern philosophies. Right now is all the eternity I need.

Im with y'all though. I have hated doctors for a long time. They're all about money for the most part.

Enough of this crap. We're here for pinball. ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Squid! In the house! Welcome back sir. Stay strong and think strong.
Now what I want to know is...what kind of RBION score can you post on a morphine drip? :)

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
19B. About a half hour ago. I felt I was lucky enough to claim the top spot before I went in.

Things just really clicked that day. Despite dealing with drynheaves.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Squid, you need to get yourself a PS4 so you can stream directly with the built in Twitch functionality.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Im a student of eastern philosophies. Right now is all the eternity I need.

Im with y'all though. I have hated doctors for a long time. They're all about money for the most part.

Enough of this crap. We're here for pinball. ;)
alan watts right? im pretty sure I have heard you mentioned him before. I haven't read any of his books, but I have listen to countless hours of his lectures. welcome back bro!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ill get to work on a text based guide you guys deserve it and i gotta teach someone to take me down.

With some of the stuff you've said before, I got my score up to 2 billion...I'll be your apprentice with new tips!

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Edited my info out since I won't be playing much till they fix the friend leaderboards. I'll readd later.

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
alan watts right? im pretty sure I have heard you mentioned him before. I haven't read any of his books, but I have listen to countless hours of his lectures. welcome back bro!

Ha! Every sage from Jesus to Yoda to Buddha to Lao Tzu to Watts to... on and on, has said the same thing in different ways. Earlier tonight I saw an interview with the Boss (Springsteen). He said, "it's not the time in your life, it's the life in your time."

It's just something you feel and do. Everybody has probably done it when they were children.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Squid, you need to get yourself a PS4 so you can stream directly with the built in Twitch functionality.

Nice to see you haven't lost the touch. Have you seen the PS4 version of Ripley's yet?

My stepson plans on getting one eventually. I plan on using it.

That's what I was trying to prove. I was glad to be home and tired of sleeping.? I've seen some footage but no Ripley's. It does look nice but are the physics any different?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I've seen some footage but no Ripley's. It does look nice but are the physics any different?

Only difference I've noticed (I was never a huge expert though so this doesn't mean much) is that on the PS4 version, holding the upper flipper up to catch a kick-out from the vari-target gives a highly reliable return to the flippers, whereas it was a bit dicey for me on the PS3 as far as I can remember.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Only difference I've noticed (I was never a huge expert though so this doesn't mean much) is that on the PS4 version, holding the upper flipper up to catch a kick-out from the vari-target gives a highly reliable return to the flippers, whereas it was a bit dicey for me on the PS3 as far as I can remember.

Interesting, as I find that to be one of the most reliable things on the PS3 version! Hold the flipper, ball comes out, rolls to the left, grazes left slingshot, bounces off top of left raised flipper, right over to the right flipper. Bam, ball controlled! Works 9 our of 10 times for me.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Interesting, as I find that to be one of the most reliable things on the PS3 version! Hold the flipper, ball comes out, rolls to the left, grazes left slingshot, bounces off top of left raised flipper, right over to the right flipper. Bam, ball controlled! Works 9 our of 10 times for me.

Ah, okay, in that case it's pretty much the same on PS4 then. For some reason I never quite worked that out on PS3... I think I must have also been trying it when the ball was coming through from the orbit, at a different velocity, and that didn't work so well so it scared me off from trying it at all.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

You and your witchcraft!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012

Ah yes. I remember doing this move myself. I stopped. It's that 1in 10 that worried me. I just use the penguin loop to send it around for a bounce pass off of the right flipper to the left one.

My question about the physics was really about if they are any different (more difficult) across the whole game in general.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Has anyone done any streaming with the PC version, and on a somewhat older machine? It's a Core 2 Duo (Wolfdale) with Windows XP, and I'm trying to stream through Twitch.tv. XSplit as the broadcasting software barely works, but can't maintain any usable quality, even dropping to 640x360p at 15fps still leaves TPA playing choppy. FFsplit wouldn't run, requires Windows Vista or later. Memory isn't the bottleneck, 4 GB and it's not all used.

Anyone got any suggestions? If I get this working, you can see me challenging the Twilight Zone leaderboard this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts