Bug TPA v4.1.1 for iOS

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
It looks like it has something to do with version 5.1, as Gary and I appear to be the ones with issues. How do we let them know about this? Thanks!

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Don't do IOS updates as soon as they release. Bad move. Just stick with the version that works best for you and screw Apple updates period.

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
True , but Ive been told that IOS8 is not great on an IPad 2. Not everyone can afford to buy a new tablet every year.

Gary

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
But, if they had updated beyond iOS 5, they wouldn't be in this current predicament.

I am aware of this. For me, I kept things this way because I like the older setup. And if you recall they had issues with 6,7 and 8. I also can't afford to buy a new iPad. It's upsetting because I own every table and play pinball Arcade a lot. I do thank you for your help Fungi.

night

May 18, 2012
True , but Ive been told that IOS8 is not great on an IPad 2. Not everyone can afford to buy a new tablet every year.

Gary

iOS8 is excellent on my iPhone6 but stay away from iOS8 for your iPad2, it has ruined Safari, terrible speed and all sorts of issues.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Gary

This is absolutely true. I also remember iOS6 jacking up TPA on iPad2 back then. I'm not judging, I'm just making the observation. I still have my iPad 4 on iOS6 myself.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I am aware of this. For me, I kept things this way because I like the older setup. And if you recall they had issues with 6,7 and 8. I also can't afford to buy a new iPad. It's upsetting because I own every table and play pinball Arcade a lot. I do thank you for your help Fungi.

Actually, it's you that is helping FarSight. I don't believe that FS has an iDevice on iOS5, so this is probably their only feedback of this configuration.

Fleeting Thought

Sep 14, 2014
Also having this problem, on Original iPad and OS 5.1.1 (can't update it on that system).

I seriously wouldn't mind Farsight freezing support on Original iPad/5.1.1 at some version that won't get killed in the future, just to prevent this kind of scenario. I spend a lot of my time playing on this device, despite having PA for others, and don't want to lose that!

I realize certain tables like the latest ones, HRC and some others simply aren't going to play well, or at all, on this system; I just want to have the collection of tables that do.

They can easily set up the, "this update requires iOS7 and above. Do you want to download the previous version?" thing that Apple has on the App Store for gazillions of other apps. I currently have plenty that still run on the ol' thing, that are "legacy" this way.

You'd think that Farsight with all its investment in pinball table history and nostalgia would have the same kind of respect for the iPad, Steve Jobs Edition..... ;)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Just an interesting sidenote for this discussion: check out http://david-smith.org/iosversionstats/ to see where you stand as an iOS user. All 5.x users seem to make for about 1,8% of all users, that percentage may be slightly higher for TPA users because of our justified apprehensiveness to update to a newer iOS and have all of our scores annihalated or some other disaster.... :)

Colin

FarSight Employee
Aug 1, 2014
Actually, it's you that is helping FarSight. I don't believe that FS has an iDevice on iOS5, so this is probably their only feedback of this configuration.

We do have an iPad1 running iOS v5.1.1. When I code though, I test on an iPad2 running the latest OS (iOS v8.1.2). Thanks Fungi for pointing out this issue on the beta forums. I dug up our iPad1, found and fixed this issue this morning. Sorry about the inconvenience, unfortunately I can't find a work-around to get the game working until the app is updated. Due to Apple's app review wait times, this won't be out until the update that releases the next table. =(

benroimola

Jul 16, 2013
We do have an iPad1 running iOS v5.1.1. When I code though, I test on an iPad2 running the latest OS (iOS v8.1.2). Thanks Fungi for pointing out this issue on the beta forums. I dug up our iPad1, found and fixed this issue this morning. Sorry about the inconvenience, unfortunately I can't find a work-around to get the game working until the app is updated. Due to Apple's app review wait times, this won't be out until the update that releases the next table. =(

Thank you so much for this! It's great to see that Farsight cares even for us with old hardware. Keep up the fantastic work!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts