TPA v4.8.1 released

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Looks like it's just to update the Xenon table with a better version (replaced the strange "door" reflections on the four fisheye mirrors on the backglass).

BOP still crashes after completing a game and tapping on the "Continue" button (apparently a 64-bit device issue).

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Looks like it's just to update the Xenon table with a better version (replaced the strange "door" reflections on the four fisheye mirrors on the backglass).

BOP still crashes after completing a game and tapping on the "Continue" button (apparently a 64-bit device issue).

And it now actually shows me the saucer on Cam 1 when the ball is up there!

PinPipe

May 26, 2013
Playing on iPad Air 2, IOS 8.3 I stumbled over two bugs so far.

After playing "Bride of Pinbot" the game advances to the point where it is shown, that it is updating my score. Then the app freezes completely.
HOF-score stays at 1, no matter my points.
Reproducable: 100%

During a game of "Circus Voltaire" I triggered Neon Multiball. The balls where shot in, but I wasn't able to move the flippers. After all balls had drained, flipper movement was back to normal.
Used view 2 during that game.
Reproducable: wasn't able to trigger Neon Multiball again so far.

Can anybody confirm these bugs?

Last edited:

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Yeah I got the same bug on Cirqus - camera locks on to the plunger lane during the whole neon multiball.

PinPipe

May 26, 2013
One more.
Firepower.
I plunged the ball very softly. It vanished up, out of the screen, without the camera following (view 2). When it came down the playfield and into sight again the Flippers where dead. So ball drained.
Managed to reproduce.

PinPipe

May 26, 2013
And me again.
Made three Standard Goals at Pinbot. The in the table menu the goals I achieved are not marked. While under "My Tables" the correct amount of three stars is shown.

Short time ago I switched from android to ios. I know in the android section of the forum the Farsight guys, especially FlippyFloppy, has an eye on what's going on. Is there someone from Farsight screening the ios entries, too? Or should I report bugs to Farsight directly?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
After playing "Bride of Pinbot" the game advances to the point where it is shown, that it is updating my score. Then the app freezes completely.
HOF-score stays at 1, no matter my points.
Reproducable: 100%

Can anybody confirm these bugs?
Already confirmed in my initial post as well as here:
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10255-BOP-crashing-at-game-end-again

Seems to happen on 64-bit devices according to RSchwantner from FarSight in the linked topic above. This issue comes and goes between TPA versions and bounces around between Pin*Bot and Bride of Pin*Bot.

Last edited:

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
BoP is still being worked on for 64 bit devices.

We have confirmed the CV multiball bug. Still looking for a fix and/or consistent repro steps.

Good catch on Firepower and Pinbot.
Pinbot is saving the goals achieved; if you look closely, you can see that there is a texture being drawn in place of the normal checkmarks.

PinPipe

May 26, 2013
Hallo RSchwantner.
Pleased to meet the iOS-guy.
Answers my question above.
Greetings from Hamburg

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
[MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] any chance you can have a look at the POTO issues? Setting a local grand champ score crashes the app since v4.1.1. It also causes subsequent remote backups to crash the app. It worked in v4.1.0 afaik. Thanks for your support!

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
And one more. Teed Off hangs up after trying to save my score, too. Gotta restart app afterwards.

Not seeing this. Did you set a high score or new leaderboard score when this happened?
Which device are you using?

[MENTION=4640]RSchwantner[/MENTION] any chance you can have a look at the POTO issues? Setting a local grand champ score crashes the app since v4.1.1. It also causes subsequent remote backups to crash the app. It worked in v4.1.0 afaik. Thanks for your support!

This is in our database. Hopefully another look will be had before the next release.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Not seeing this. Did you set a high score or new leaderboard score when this happened?
Which device are you using?

This is in our database. Hopefully another look will be had before the next release.

You just made me very happy! I almost gave up pointing POTO's issues out. Very much looking forward to a fix.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
To be clear, I mean next month's release.
On the other hand, the Ripley's game ender is looking good for this month.
Just knowing you have it on your radar and will work on a fix makes me happy :) even if it takes time to deliver. Good job on Ripley's as well!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
To be clear, I mean next month's release.
On the other hand, the Ripley's game ender is looking good for this month.

I know I am posting in the wrong thread, so feel free to ignore this question. But do you know if a fix for the Ripley's bug is being worked on for consoles?

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
I know I am posting in the wrong thread, so feel free to ignore this question. But do you know if a fix for the Ripley's bug is being worked on for consoles?

Might take a bit to get patched to console, but the fix will be for all platforms.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.