TPA v6.1.0 (Indy 500 table) has been released

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Initial TPA/UI "update" impressions:

The sound settings menu dumps the separate settings for music only/table sounds only or both. There is now only a global sound setting as before the new UI was released so if you turn off the sound to avoid that dreadful Tommy theme, you lose ALL sounds. The setting is again NOT saved upon app exit.

Indy 500's table views (especially plunge) are screwed royally. Cycling the table view at ball plunge view creates totally random screen distortion...seems like the 3D position is lost and the table just randomly searches for what position above the table the view is supposed to be locked onto. Cycling the table view will eventually fix it...for awhile. Totally unplayable.

Bad form, Farsight...

Back to 5.10.0 I go...once again. Nevermind Indy 500.:(

Last edited:

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Same error here. iPad Air 2. Whole screen scrolls like a hamster wheel gone mad at ball launch. Can't see a thing! Upon launch, screen stills itself.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just played a game on iPhone 6s Plus. No issues. Noticed this on other tables since the II update but thought I'd mention that on the instructions multi line sentences get cut off...

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Spin the wheel, Round and round it goes, where it stops, nobody knows! Cycling through the launch views did still the table until view 2. Also, I don't see a launch button.

On a different note, the tables of the month didn't change. Still CV, BH, RBION, and TM. I thought the recent newsletter mentioned something new. Table ratings all disappeared again.

Any ideas why they would have removed the option for volume sound levels? I liked this feature!

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Just checked the requirements for new update and it says iOS 8.0 or later.

No warning for folks on the increase on min OS requirements. I think they were still supporting ios5 + even with the new UI update they rolled out a couple of weeks ago. My air is jailbroken at 7 so I can use my icade with zen (the only reason).

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
My first unplayable table. iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3.2. I like to try before I buy, so I launched free-to-play and it seemed like a good machine, but when I hit the score limit the "connecting" box for the purchase prompt just sat there forever. I tapped cancel and got prompted to buy. Did so and dumped back to the main menu.

Now when I launch the table and fire off the first ball it does a focus zoom for no apparent reason and I can't see the ball. It's not like the ball is lost and I can't see it because of the camera because another two or three immediately launch after. It's like the ball has disappeared and the table software is treating it like a ball lock - at least that's what I'm getting from the DMD readout lighting up letters in "Indy" and whatnot. Tried quitting the table and the app and it's the same. Hopefully a quick bug fix is in the works!

Paid more attention after posting this, the ball is definitely disappearing into the table, registering as a loss and then there's an immediate "ball saved" launch which also goes nowhere and results in a third automatic launch. After this one vanishes the camera pulls back for the Ball 2 launch, but that just repeats the cycle above. I'm almost afraid to try playing anything else!

Last edited:

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
No warning for folks on the increase on min OS requirements. I think they were still supporting ios5 + even with the new UI update they rolled out a couple of weeks ago. My air is jailbroken at 7 so I can use my icade with zen (the only reason).

Good to know! I'm still learning the ropes of this forum and TPA.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks to all the brave people who tried out the new UI and Indy 500 table. I'll wait until things are stable again. Not telling us that support was dropped for everything below iOS 8 is not good (or we are missing earlier information?). I prefer waiting a bit longer for a good release, than Farsight doing a quick hasty one.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
A bit glitchy. I just had a game stuck in limbo during multiball. Attendant said ball not stuck. Also, a sound glitch. Has potential but currently not ready for prime time.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
well the launch buttons seemed to have gotten bigger so thanks for that.

edit: oh maybe not? T2 and sttng are bigger, but others?

Last edited:

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
No problems here (iPad air 1, Iphone 6+). I bought the table straight away and didn't change any camera angles. Is it just me or do the textures look lower res than normal?

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
The textures do look lower res than normal. Also experiencing the launch ball bug for Indy 500 where the screen goes crazy.
Not really my kind of table, so I don't mind. Patiently waiting for others. :rolleyes:

Anderz

Sep 17, 2014
Ball momemntarily stuck in the launch-ramp,at game start. The indy car that is supposed to block the ramp to start one of the many m-ball modes, misses the first ball so mball starts prematurely. Also the first line of audio where the commenters are supposed to present themselves with names are missing(legal reasons?). Also at times, the music doesnt start playing before the second ball...

Me not buying yet....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.