TPA Wishlist - The Ultimate 100

calderone

Feb 2, 2015
Someone already mentioned Williams Fire! and I second that motion.

It has beautiful artwork all around and the particular one I played in the arcade was really tough, I'd like to get revenge.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
On the Stern App, Star Trek, AC/DC and Ghostbusters are confirmed.

Also, A.G. Soccer-Ball is pretty much confirmed for TPA. They haven't come out and said it, but they did confirm that there will be a table added that will take advantage of head to head mode when implemented (and A.G. Soccer-Ball was leaked).

Sounds like there won't be any more Stern releases on the original TPA. They will be part of the Stern app.
There have been some juicy rumors about Pinball Magic and Big Bang Bar. But these are unconfirmed of course.

So no more Stern proper tables in TPA, huh? What are the current thoughts on Data East or Sega? I'd hate to give up totally on TftC or Jurassic Park just yet...

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Not really sure on the Data East and Sega. In the last Twitchstream the Farsight guys mentioned Tales From The Crypt and Freddy as being highly requested Halloween tables. They usually don't discuss the Stern app at all. So they still might be in play for TPA. I'm just speculating of course.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'd guess that we'd still see them in TPA but only if they appear in SPA at the same time. Reason being that Stern is giving FarSight CAD and image files for SPA builds and it wouldn't make any sense for FarSight to want to go the normal route only to later get access to the easy route.

JoshuaKadmon

Aug 12, 2012
Not really sure on the Data East and Sega. In the last Twitchstream the Farsight guys mentioned Tales From The Crypt and Freddy as being highly requested Halloween tables. They usually don't discuss the Stern app at all. So they still might be in play for TPA. I'm just speculating of course.

If they mentioned TftC at all, I'd hope that suggests their agreement with Stern doesn't take Data East off the table. Otherwise, they'd probably avoid mentioning it altogether. The only other Sega table that anyone would likely care about is South Park anyway. I personally want Jurassic Park, but if the license is expensive enough to require a Kickstarter, they may choose to skip it.

I'd guess that we'd still see them in TPA but only if they appear in SPA at the same time. Reason being that Stern is giving FarSight CAD and image files for SPA builds and it wouldn't make any sense for FarSight to want to go the normal route only to later get access to the easy route.

Yes, but would the CAD and image files apply to tables all the way back in 1993? It seems likely they'd still have to go the hard route on older tables, especially those with rights acquired long after the fact like Data East.

But let's face it, the only missing table that's still super-critical to me is Swords of Fury. I'm going to be very sad if TPA ends at less than 100 tables and/or without SoF.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
There has been a fair amount of SoF talk in the last year. Wouldn't shock me at all if it showed up in Season 6.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm sad that even if we ever see LOTR or TSPP, it will be at best in SPA. I will feel better if the leaderboards of both TPA and SPA will be merged eventually, with the same HOF system. I think I'll put that request in now come to think of it!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'm sad that even if we ever see LOTR or TSPP, it will be at best in SPA. I will feel better if the leaderboards of both TPA and SPA will be merged eventually, with the same HOF system. I think I'll put that request in now come to think of it!

If you look at the Hof points List on the latest iOS update, you might notice that Star Trek and AC/DC are already on it.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
TFTC has been talked about since the beginning of TPA. I wonder if it will be this year's Halloween table, especially with STPA speculation changing the whole calculus about Stern/Sega/Data East machines appearing in TPA.

My prediction is that Freddy will be the Halloween table this year. Ideally I would like a "two-fer" consisting of Devil's Dare and the "already done in PHoF" Sorcerer. But given that Freddy is one of the more respected Gottlieb machines on the boards, that's why I think it will be this year's machine.

bluepegasus

Jul 27, 2016
good tables to add to the pinball arcade wishlist:

Bally Spectrum (1981)
Gottlieb Volcano (1981)
Williams Jungle Lord (1981)
Bally Medusa (1981)
Williams Pharaoh (1981)
i guess 1981 was a good year for pinball!!
:D

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
good tables to add to the pinball arcade wishlist:

Bally Spectrum (1981)
Gottlieb Volcano (1981)
Williams Jungle Lord (1981)
Bally Medusa (1981)
Williams Pharaoh (1981)
i guess 1981 was a good year for pinball!!
:D

No kidding! I just bought a Barracora (been searching for a while for that one) to add to my 1981 collection. One of the greatest years in pinball, for sure. Still need to find a Medusa.

PS! I believe that Spectrum is from 1982 :)

Happy to hear that we soon will have table nr 3 from 1981 in The Pinball Arcade, EBD (Centaur and Black Hole already there)

Hoping that we will have Fathom one day, also. (sign me up for a Flash Gordon kickstarter :p )

Last edited:

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge Bond fan and having GoldenEye would be glorious. And, as much as I hate to say it, Independence Day also feels TPA worthy. These are the only extras I would ever want to see made digitally without pressing Farsight's buttons.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.