Bug TPA won't launch after patch

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
After today's bug fix patch (12/6) TPA won't launch on my Ipad. The icon is now just a black square and when I tap it it just says "waiting...".

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Hi, could you tell me which version of the game you're trying to play? Is it the free version or the paid version?

I'm not aware of any updates that were supposed to go out today. Was it our game that updated, or was it your device?

Finally, is it the icon for the game itself that is black? Or is it the icon for a table within the game?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't have much information to go off of here!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Free version update 6.6.5 for bug fixes came out today.

Just downloaded it. Didn't cause me any problems. Played a game of Jacks Open to test.

Last edited:

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
Hi Brandon,

I'm trying to play the paid version. It was a game update "Jacks Open and Centigrade 37 bug fixes". It's the TPA icon for the game itself that is blacked out. I tried to reboot my device, no change. I was unable to uninstall ("waiting..." again).

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
I've seen issues like this with iOS for failed updates on various apps. Unlikely to be Farsight specific.

Is your device disk full?

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
codinghorror,

Nope, about 9GB used on a 32GB device.

You might be able to remove it by going to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage (the one under "storage") -> Pinball Arcade. From there press the Delete App button. Then try reinstalling the game. Failing that though you might get better results by emailing our support team, I'm not the most knowledgeable about apple devices: support@farsightstudios.com

I hope you're able to get this resolved!

David Greene

Sep 25, 2012
You might be able to remove it by going to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage (the one under "storage") -> Pinball Arcade. From there press the Delete App button. Then try reinstalling the game. Failing that though you might get better results by emailing our support team, I'm not the most knowledgeable about apple devices: support@farsightstudios.com

I hope you're able to get this resolved!

That worked. I have to re download all my purchased tables but small price to pay. Thank you very much for the help. I don't much about Apple devices either. I originally got it to play TPA before the PC version came out and now I play on the Ipad most of the time because of the portability. Thanks again.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
This got me thinking about a possible sticky for the usual strategies to get TPA going again:
- Logging in/out
- Deleting and downloading a table via "management"
- Powercycling the iOS device
- Deleting and reinstalling the TPA app (after doing a remote backup!)

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
That worked. I have to re download all my purchased tables but small price to pay. Thank you very much for the help. I don't much about Apple devices either. I originally got it to play TPA before the PC version came out and now I play on the Ipad most of the time because of the portability. Thanks again.

Good to hear that worked for you!

This got me thinking about a possible sticky for the usual strategies to get TPA going again:
- Logging in/out

I think that would be a good idea! It sounds especially helpful for people who don't like to contact support.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
- Logging in/out

This could just as easily apply to Android as well of course. Or indeed any platform. Not sure I'd recommend a complete re-install for Steam given the unique difficulties of restoring/sharing game data.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.