iOS - Bug Transfered to a new iPad and lost Season One-tables

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I recently bought a new iPad and transferred all my tables and records. I realized today however that all tables from season one (include ToM, Totan etc) have not been included. I can find them under Season One and if I try to play them I get that popup asking if I want to purchase this table, season one or play the free version.

I have tried:

- Options >> Restore purchases
- Options >> Manage Tables >> Download owned

but I have not yet tried to purchase one table. I think the difference between Season One and 2 & 3 is that I bought each table separately in Season One.

What should I do? Is this a known problem? What will happen if I try to purchase each table again? I don't want to pay for everything again...

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I did the same thing, migrated from iPad 2 to Air 2, did not have a problem. If you have a good remote backup, I would just delete the whole app and do a fresh reinstall to see if those tables return.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
The last thing I did on my old iPad 1 was to perform a remote backup. The first thing I did on the new one was to restore my remote backup - the Season One tables didn't follow...

The weird thing is that ToM etc wasn't included either. Those are free, right?

Btw, I really don't want to tamper with the tables at the moment in order to not lose WG, HoF-points etc.

Slam23: Did you buy Season One as a complete season or as Table Packs?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
moved this over into the iOS forum for [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] to take a look at. :D

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I am not 100% sure this is only a iOS-related issue. It seems to be more of a general problem related to restoring previous purchases. I think it should be moved back, for that sake.

RSchwantner

FarSight Employee
Aug 4, 2014
I recently bought a new iPad and transferred all my tables and records. I realized today however that all tables from season one (include ToM, Totan etc) have not been included. I can find them under Season One and if I try to play them I get that popup asking if I want to purchase this table, season one or play the free version.

I have tried:

- Options >> Restore purchases
- Options >> Manage Tables >> Download owned

but I have not yet tried to purchase one table. I think the difference between Season One and 2 & 3 is that I bought each table separately in Season One.

What should I do? Is this a known problem? What will happen if I try to purchase each table again? I don't want to pay for everything again...

So you did have season 2-4 tables that transferred properly?
You are logged in with the same Apple ID and Farsight user name you used?
Do you have the free or $.99 version installed?
Is the old iPad still operational enough to check that you have the same installed on it?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just for future reference if anyone else has this same issue, you can try the following steps and contact our support to help restore purchases if the device still does not recognize purchases.

One common issue we find is that since there's two versions of our app - a Free one and a 99 Cent one - Apple causes the purchases to stay with each version. So if you made your purchases on the Free version, make sure you again downloaded the Free version, and same if it was the 99 Cent version. Let me know if it's still not working for you after you've checked that.

Also, make sure you're using the same iTunes account across both devices. If you've checked that and it's still missing, we'll need you to accomplish the following criteria to get the tables back to you:

1. Please provide a plain text list of what tables you're missing.
2. Forward proof of purchase for the missing tables.
3. Let us know what email you use for your PinballArcade.com account. If you don't have one, please create one and let us know what email you use.

////////////////

In order to restore purchases, we'll need you to accomplish the following criteria:

1. Please provide a plain text list of what tables you're missing.
2. Forward proof of purchase for the missing tables.
3. Let us know what email you use for your PinballArcade.com account. If you don't have one, please create one and let us know what email you use.

-----
Thank you,
Pinball Arcade/Brunswick Pro Bowling Support
Support@FarSightStudios.com

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
So you did have season 2-4 tables that transferred properly?
Yes

You are logged in with the same Apple ID and Farsight user name you used?
Yes

Do you have the free or $.99 version installed?
The $.99

Is the old iPad still operational enough to check that you have the same installed on it?
Yes, it also has the $.99.

I remember having the free version for a while, like 2-3 years ago, and changed to the paid version. I guess I transferred the tables then but I am really not sure if or how.

I use the same iTunes account, the same Game center account etc. All my goals and hof-points transferred correctly.

What will happen if I make a new purchase of a Table Pack? Will it say "You already have this table pack" or will the payment go through and make it impossible to do the same with the whole Season One ticket?

I realized Tales of Arabian Nights actually transferred, which is weird since it is a Season One table. Black Hole, ToM etc (that was free before) did not however.
What kind of Proof of purchase do you need? I am not sure I have kept all the iTunes receipts from purchases. I could send you a screen dump from my old iPad or something?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I remember having the free version for a while, like 2-3 years ago, and changed to the paid version. I guess I transferred the tables then but I am really not sure if or how.
The tables purchased under the two different apps (Free & Paid) are not transferable. For example, I initially got the Free version and under that Free version, I purchased Black Hole.

I then later purchased the Paid version. All subsequent tables (I have all except for Harley) were purchased under the Paid version. Now when I need to restore the app along with the tables, I need to perform the following:

1. Install the Free version, then restore purchases under the Free version. I then have the free table (TOTAN) along with the purchased Black Hole accessible under the Free version

2. Install the Paid version, then restore purchases under the Paid version. I then have all my tables which were purchased under the paid version.

After both version's tables are restored, ALL my tables are then accessible under the Paid version. I can now DELETE the Free version and still have access to Black Hole under the Paid version, despite the fact that Black Hole was purchased under the Free version.

To sum, if you have purchases made under both the Paid and Free versions, these purchases must be restored using both of those versions.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
It seems actually like I have managed to purchase these tables with the Pinball Arcade Free app but then transferred them. I managed to find proof of purchase in iTunes. I don't know how I transferred them but they are all on my iPad 1, at least.

I have sent you an email to support@pinballarcade.com.

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
The tables purchased under the two different apps (Free & Paid) are not transferable. For example, I initially got the Free version and under that Free version, I purchased Black Hole.

I then later purchased the Paid version. All subsequent tables (I have all except for Harley) were purchased under the Paid version. Now when I need to restore the app along with the tables, I need to perform the following:

1. Install the Free version, then restore purchases under the Free version. I then have the free table (TOTAN) along with the purchased Black Hole accessible under the Free version

2. Install the Paid version, then restore purchases under the Paid version. I then have all my tables which were purchased under the paid version.

After both version's tables are restored, ALL my tables are then accessible under the Paid version. I can now DELETE the Free version and still have access to Black Hole under the Paid version, despite the fact that Black Hole was purchased under the Free version.

To sum, if you have purchases made under both the Paid and Free versions, these purchases must be restored using both of those versions.

This seems to be my issue, actually. I will try this!

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
Btw, I am little bit nervous about removing the Pinball Arcade Free app. It says this remove all its data - is it 100% sure it will not affect the Game Center data and remove high scores and Goals I have on my Pinball Arcade (paid)?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
IMO, it's safe to delete it. I do it all the time when I restore. If you want to, check that ALL of your purchased tables are visible/playable in BOTH the Paid and the Free versions. If they are, you can delete the app that has the least purchased content. I believe both apps will merge the purchase & content. However, note that I have only done this (deleted) with the Free app since I have only one table purchased under that app. I don't know for sure if it would work the other way around (delete the Paid app). I believe I've done it before but it was so long ago that I don't remember. If all fails, just do a remote backup of your scores and re-install/restore purchases on the whole shebang.

As far as the scores go, as long as you are logged in to the same Farsight account when you play either the Paid or Free, your high scores and goals should remain intact. As a precaution, you can always do a remote backup before deleting the app. Be sure you're logged in to your Farsight account as this is the only way that a remote backup will work.

I can't speak for Game Center since I don't use it, sorry.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.