Turn Based Multiplayer Or Not?

TURN BASED MULITPLAYER IS A ...

• Total voters

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
I would love to see turn based multiplayer, but your turn should change after every lost ball. There should be a poll right before the game and if both players agree, the game will be turn based. If one disagree, you will be forced to play simultaneously.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
I'm not into split screens and yes turns would change after each lost ball. One good way to set up multiplayer is to have rooms or lounges. Before entering a room, players can see what the rules are for the room and how it is set up. For example, you may two rooms for The Black Hole, one room might be for simultanious play while the other is for turn based. Who ever creates the room, sets the rules. Players then enter a room and ask other players to play.

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
So today I'm playing MM in PHOF and I get 3 extra balls. Been playing for half an hour on ball 1 and still not finished yet. You have the patience to sit and wait like what, 30-40 minutes for your turn? And I'm mediocre, I would say.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Personally, I would rather see development time go towards improving the game in other ways such as fixing bugs or making new tables. I know that we never used the multiplayer feature in PHoF: Williams Collection.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
Turn based multi varies by game. Some games play very well with it and some don't, but I would like to see it for the ones that do it well. Flipper Football is one game I don't want to see without turn based two player.

RetroBlast

Apr 17, 2012
So today I'm playing MM in PHOF and I get 3 extra balls. Been playing for half an hour on ball 1 and still not finished yet. You have the patience to sit and wait like what, 30-40 minutes for your turn? And I'm mediocre, I would say.

Sure, if I wanted to play a quickie, I would go to the multiplayer option and would play myself. However, in tournament mode, there would be no extra balls or specials, you would earn points instead. I have been playing games since before online multiplayer was even an option and I recall that in turn based based games, such as Super Mario Brothers, sometimes it was a long wait but with voice chat added, I think it would remain interesting and I for one would like to watch other players playing to see how they approach the table and what their tactics are.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I know that online multi-player will be coming to TPA.
This was more than three years ago, and no online multiplayer, unless tourneys count (and I don't think that was what was being considered in this thread). So I'm very curious: What did RetroBlast know? ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts