Tv Upgrade

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
Ok so I've upgraded my tv from a 32" Samsung 1080i LCD to a 42" LG 1080p LED, my only problem now is pinball arcade is virtually unplayable as the flippers seem sticky and weak!!! Has anyone else had similar problems and is there a solution to fix this?

Cheers

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
You experiment the famous PS3 input lag (on 1080i/p resolution), due to the PS3 lighting routine (FS is aware of that, maybe the upcoming megapatch will fix something).

Try to desactivate all kind of image processing on your TV (search for a "game mode" setting on your TV). If it's still unplayable, set your PS3 to 720p, and the lag will be gone (but the graphics will be a little worse than in 1080p)

Whatever, even on my CRT TV, some lag remains in 1080i (depending of the table played).

Last edited:
N

netizen

Ok so I've upgraded my tv from a 32" Samsung 1080i LCD to a 42" LG 1080p LED, my only problem now is pinball arcade is virtually unplayable as the flippers seem sticky and weak!!! Has anyone else had similar problems and is there a solution to fix this?

Cheers

Game mode in the video settings, and disable all the eye motion etc that are in video properties under colour temp in the setting list.

I just got an LG TV before the new year.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
Game mode in the video settings, and disable all the eye motion etc that are in video properties under colour temp in the setting list.

I just got an LG TV before the new year.

Can u explain a bit more please, I can't find these options, I'm a dope sorry

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Maybe post your exact TV model here so we know what you're talking about. It may be easier for someone to download the manual and direct you to the settings that way.

N

netizen

I have an LG 42LN5700

I am assuming that the remote and menu layout is relatively universal for LG systems from the things I have read.

Use the input select button at the top of the remote to go to the HDMI input that you have your PS3 on, if it's not there already.
Press the "settings" button on the remote; it is between the VOL +/- and the CH +/- in the middle of the the remote.
That will make a menu appear on the screen with tabs on the left hand side, does any of this look familiar so far?

Select the video tab (it's an icon of a monitor :D) by using the 4-way arrows to move the selection up/down to highlight the one you want, then press OK (in the middle of the 4-way, or press right. YMMV here.
In the video menu there will be "picture Mode" you want to change that to "Game (User)". Press Ok and select it from a drop down list, press OK to select it.
Scroll down the list past the settings to "Advanced Control" and press OK. Turn everything OFF, and choose your preference of Gamma Level.
Press Back on the remote and scroll down one more to "Picture Option". Press OK and turn everything OFF and set Black Level to your preference.

Scroll own again to Aspect Ratio and set it to "Just Scan". However this option may not be available unless you have the input source turned on.

Even if your menus aren't set up EXACTLY the same, this should give you the general idea.

bluenose79

Mar 1, 2013
I have an LG 42LN5700

I am assuming that the remote and menu layout is relatively universal for LG systems from the things I have read.

Use the input select button at the top of the remote to go to the HDMI input that you have your PS3 on, if it's not there already.
Press the "settings" button on the remote; it is between the VOL +/- and the CH +/- in the middle of the the remote.
That will make a menu appear on the screen with tabs on the left hand side, does any of this look familiar so far?

Select the video tab (it's an icon of a monitor :D) by using the 4-way arrows to move the selection up/down to highlight the one you want, then press OK (in the middle of the 4-way, or press right. YMMV here.
In the video menu there will be "picture Mode" you want to change that to "Game (User)". Press Ok and select it from a drop down list, press OK to select it.
Scroll down the list past the settings to "Advanced Control" and press OK. Turn everything OFF, and choose your preference of Gamma Level.
Press Back on the remote and scroll down one more to "Picture Option". Press OK and turn everything OFF and set Black Level to your preference.

Scroll own again to Aspect Ratio and set it to "Just Scan". However this option may not be available unless you have the input source turned on.

Even if your menus aren't set up EXACTLY the same, this should give you the general idea.

It's worked like a charm!!! I'm made up now, thanks very much for the help. Can now enjoy PBA again. Cheers mate

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts