Twilight Zone... holy crap I get it now (spoilers)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
The little robot... IS A HUMAN ASTRONAUT FROM EARTH!?!?!!!!!!!

The little girl... IS AN EVIL ASS DOLL!!!!! I DONT WANT YOUR EXTRA BALL!!!!!!

You've unlocked this door the key of imagination... don't touch the door...**** NO I AINT TOUCHING THAT DOOR

William Shatner starred in the iconic Plane/Gremlin episode!!!!!!!

Wow wow wow wow.

I appreciate the table that much more after watching some of the TZ marathon on SyFy last night.

Advalle

Jul 18, 2012
Yeah every facet of the table has a connection to the series of TZ.

By the way the series is available on Netflix

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Thanks for the tip.

This may be asking too much, but if you happen to know off the top of your head, which episodes are referenced in the table?

Like I said I only got to see a handful of episodes last night, but it just so happened to be the ones that explain the doll and the robot, by my luck really.

This show is incredible btw. I had drunken nightmares aliens eating people episode.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My brother and I watched reruns of Twilight Zone, Outer Limits and Night Stalker as often as we could. When a were adults we both found that X-Files was a good continuation of Night Stalker and some of the recurring themes of TZ and OL.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I love X-Files. I wonder how the table is. I somehow doubt the table has as good a theme integration as TZ. But I'd love to be mistaken.

I also noticed that I saw parts of The Hitch-hiker.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
The little robot... IS A HUMAN ASTRONAUT FROM EARTH!?!?!!!!!!!

The little girl... IS AN EVIL ASS DOLL!!!!! I DONT WANT YOUR EXTRA BALL!!!!!!

You've unlocked this door the key of imagination... don't touch the door...**** NO I AINT TOUCHING THAT DOOR

William Shatner starred in the iconic Plane/Gremlin episode!!!!!!!

Wow wow wow wow.

I appreciate the table that much more after watching some of the TZ marathon on SyFy last night.

It's awesome that the Pinball table is bringing more recognition to what I consider Television's finest series ever created.

1st question Robot episode was THE INVADERS , starring Agnes Moorehead , who was then famous as Orson Welles playactor and the voice of Margo Lane in the Shadow radio series, she of course went on to become Endora in Bewitched.

2nd reference Talking Tina , as I mentioned in depth , the voice of June Foray who was hired because she was the voice of a real Talking Tina doll marketed before the episode .

3rd reference Yes, William Shatner was the first actor in Nightmare at 20,000 Feet , and then John Lithgow reprised it for the Twilight Zone Movie , Shatner was also featured in Nick of Time . It's funny but Shatner, George Takei , and Leonard Nimoy had roles in Twilight Zone episodes as did all of the main cast of Bewitched .

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I love X-Files. I wonder how the table is. I somehow doubt the table has as good a theme integration as TZ. But I'd love to be mistaken.

I'm a self proclaimed X-Files nut; I wished to the very essence of my being that it would make a good machine before I played it, I then found one on location and to my chagrin (althought not to my surprise), good it is not. Even for a huge X-Files fan like myself, its not very enjoyable past a few plays for the license.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
It's awesome that the Pinball table is bringing more recognition to what I consider Television's finest series ever created.
What's scary is that between Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Doctor Who, and ST:TNG, I now have a fairly extensive collection of old television shows that I probably never would have gotten into had I not played pinball.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I used to love the Twilight Zone series, but they haven't showed it here in over a decade.

Is the pinball table based on the 80's series or the original 60's series?

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Seems to be the '60s series (e.g. "The Hitch-Hiker", "A Most Unusual Camera", "A Piano in the House"). I love the series too and it's still fun to watch it (unlike ST:TNG). I even have the big encyclopedia at home. :)

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
It's the original, 1959-1964 series. There have actually been two revivals: one in the 1980s on CBS (which actually had some good moments), and a lesser-known one on UPN in 2002-03.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
1st question Robot episode was THE INVADERS , starring Agnes Moorehead , who was then famous as Orson Welles playactor and the voice of Margo Lane in the Shadow radio series, she of course went on to become Endora in Bewitched.

2nd reference Talking Tina , as I mentioned in depth , the voice of June Foray who was hired because she was the voice of a real Talking Tina doll marketed before the episode .

3rd reference Yes, William Shatner was the first actor in Nightmare at 20,000 Feet , and then John Lithgow reprised it for the Twilight Zone Movie , Shatner was also featured in Nick of Time . It's funny but Shatner, George Takei , and Leonard Nimoy had roles in Twilight Zone episodes as did all of the main cast of Bewitched .

The Invaders. Season 2 episode 15

Living Doll AKA "Talking Tina" Season 5 episode 6

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet. Season 5 episode 3

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.