Twilight Zone MOD

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
Just a suggestion. My understanding is that this table will be a cut & dry version of the original Twilight Zone table. Just wanted to say that i wouldn't mind paying a little extra to download a MOD "Add On" for the table. Nothing to change gameplay, just cosmetics. I'm refering to the empty gumball machine. It just seems naked without the gumballs. Looks kind of like a "BETA" version. Like i said, this would just be the ability to play an "extra" version of the table or the ability to click a "BOX" that adds the extra "skins" with the gumballs in the machine. I think a fair price of an extra $0.99 or $1.99. Wouldn't really cost Farsight any extra work just to fill the machine up and they could make a couple of extra bucks. Again, this would be an ADD on "VISUALS" pack for those who want it, selectable via "click" in the options. If they decided to do this and opted to add more than just the gumballs (Ex. rocket, robbie the robot), then an option box to select "ONLY" the add-on you wanted or "ALL ADDONS" would be great. For those who prefer their table completely tricked out. That is all. :eek:

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
As with most licensed tables , FarSight has stated their contract only allows them to reproduce a "as shipped" version of the table , without adding anything extra allowed.
In the one rare exception, Circus Voltaire they used a custom ring master head.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
There are some issues with adding mods, as they have permission to recreate the production run of the table, not some modded home use only edition. I'm sure someone else will be able to give you more details.

Although they did add that lame mod in the pop bumper region to prevent power drains in the left outlane, so I don't understand all the rules...

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
As with most licensed tables , FarSight has stated their contract only allows them to reproduce a "as shipped" version of the table , without adding anything extra allowed. 'In the one rare exception, Circus Voltaire they used a custom ring master head.
If that's the case, then it seems unlikely ill get the gumballs in there. However, it would be no different than the Ring Master custom head in the sense that it doesn't alter gameplay, so its not to far fetched to see it implemented. If i recall correctly, one of the "extra's" for people that backed the Kickstarter was a custom ball. Wouldn't this fall in the same "custom" category? I mean, neither affects gameplay. I don't know. It would be nice to hear someone close to the project chime in. Either way, thanks for the input from everyone.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
If that's the case, then it seems unlikely ill get the gumballs in there. However, it would be no different than the Ring Master custom head in the sense that it doesn't alter gameplay, so its not to far fetched to see it implemented. If i recall correctly, one of the "extra's" for people that backed the Kickstarter was a custom ball. Wouldn't this fall in the same "custom" category? I mean, neither affects gameplay. I don't know. It would be nice to hear someone close to the project chime in. Either way, thanks for the input from everyone.
From what I understand, they can make MODs or changes, they just need to get approval from (in this case) Williams.

LiquidFreon

Dec 9, 2012
From what I understand, they can make MODs or changes, they just need to get approval from (in this case) Williams.
I doubt it will happen though. Now that i think about it they have their hands full with balls going through flippers among other bugs and things to fix. Would have been cool though. On a happy note, I still have VP's version for my eye candy fix. I'll have to settle for that. :eek:

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
As with most licensed tables , FarSight has stated their contract only allows them to reproduce a "as shipped" version of the table , without adding anything extra allowed.
In the one rare exception, Circus Voltaire they used a custom ring master head.

Huh, so I wasn't just imagining things. I noticed when I encountered a real CV that the Ringmaster's head was more cylindrical than the one in TPA.

I remember hearing that early prototypes had a head with more prominent facial features, but it was changed to keep the ball from getting stuck--in TPA, of course, the collision mesh and the visible mesh don't have to be exactly coincident, so this is not a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.