Twitch content ID and TPA?

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
Twitch as recently implemented youtube-style content ID scanning, and blocking 30 minute chunks of stream replays, and is also rumoured to soon enable live stream scanning.

As Farsight has to purchase rights to use any potentially copyrighted material for use in TPA, and we in turn upload our gameplays to Twitch (or even youtube for that matter), will we run into these same issues as other streamers?

In the meantime, I've taken a hiatus from any streaming whatsoever.

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
The way twitch is currently handling content ID, is that they are blocking 30 minute chunks of audio. IMO, it's a terrible way of handling things.

Champion Pub (Maple Leaf Rag), Class of 1812 (Overture of 1812), Who Dunnit (Peter Gunn) and Junk Yard (can't think of the song name off hand) "might" also cause issues.

I also read the AMA... the only thing worth reading in there was the response to not giving users enough notice, the response being "my bad". The AMA was a total flop, and 90% of people's complaints were ignored. If it weren't for Cosmo Wright being a big-name speedrunner, they probably wouldn't have reneged on limiting highlights to 2 hours. They're still going to delete your stuff after 2 weeks, unless you pay them to hold onto it for a maximum of 2 months.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts