Twitchstream General Discussion

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Because it appears there are way too many threads for separate Twitchstreams I figured that I would post stuff about them here.

The Pinball Arcade Twitchstreams feature "@BadgerDeluxe" and "@gnarmike" playing (or at least trying to play ;)) pinball and chatting about pinball news. Both hosts have done an excellent job maintaining a great atmosphere and entertaining us, so I thought it would be absolutely necessary to create this thread for discussion about the livestreams.

Post notes, news, and silly shenanigans here. I will update this post whenever a new Twitchstream is announced.

SAFECRACKER WILL BE LIVE ON THE PINBALL ARCADE TWITCH PAGE TONIGHT AT 7:00 PM EST

Last edited:

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Hey Guys! Thanks for this. Looks like the lead time at apple is not going to allow us to release this Friday. We will be doing a stream next Thursday (11/13) at 3:00pm Pacific time if things go according to plan. :)

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
So the table has been delayed a week because of apple?
Why cant we get it on pc or android

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
Hey Guys! Thanks for this. Looks like the lead time at apple is not going to allow us to release this Friday. We will be doing a stream next Thursday (11/13) at 3:00pm Pacific time if things go according to plan. :)

So the table has been delayed a week because of apple?
Why cant we get it on pc or android

I agree. If Apple has a delay, let those users wait. I don't remember you guys delaying the other versions when the Amazon version would take longer to be released. PC users have been waiting forever for DX11 due to Microsoft and now we have to wait on tables due to Apple! This is getting seriously annoying!

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
I'am getting use to the one week delays this now makes three delays in a row or is it four now? Let it ride if it's ready for release we IOS users eventually get it even though this Apple delay is now really becoming BS month after month all of the sudden. Do not make others wait because of Apple that's not cool at all. Bad call FarSight you are just going to get others upset.
Let It Ride!

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
I'am getting use to the one week delays this now makes three delays in a row or is it four now? Let it ride if it's ready for release we IOS users eventually get it even though this Apple delay is now really becoming BS month after month all of the sudden. Do not make others wait because of Apple that's not cool at all. Bad call FarSight you are just going to get others upset.
Let It Ride!

Yep bad business ethics

wolfson

May 24, 2013
some of you guys complain for the sake of complaining,**** THE CREW got delayed by a month and PROJECT CARS got delayed by 4 months.wacky do just have to put up with it.DRIVE CLUB got delayed by 1 year and still doesn`t work.the only ones who can complain are the ones that have XBOX 360,AND HOPEFULLY EVERYONE with XBOX 360 and XBOX 1 will be fixed by the end of this month,i`m hoping.:cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Mike said the lead time wouldn't make it possible. There is always at least a week of time for Apple approval. Sounds like he is saying that if it is/was submitted sometime this week that it won't make it through approval by Friday. Mike said nothing about a delay at Apple.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
There is no delay. The Party Zone is on schedule to be released this month which means that FarSight's one new table every month schedule (on most platforms) is still intact.

Please refrain from posting "delays" that don't exist anywhere on our forum. Any further posts that exhibit this behavior will be deleted and the member(s) involved in such abuse will be dealt with accordingly.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
There is no delay. The Party Zone is on schedule to be released this month which means that FarSight's one new table every month schedule (on most platforms) is still intact.

Please refrain from posting "delays" that don't exist anywhere on our forum. Any further posts that exhibit this behavior will be deleted and the member(s) involved in such abuse will be dealt with accordingly.

I'm sorry but the post below does seem to imply a delay. It says that the lead time at Apple is not going to allow them to release this Friday. It does not say that they were never planning to release this Friday. While I get what you're saying about it still being released this month (and thus not technically being delayed), I don't quite agree. If they planned to release on 11/7 and don't actually release till 11/14, I do still consider that a delay (even if not a big one). Anyway, I think the problem was Mike Lindsey's ambiguous wording. He may or may not have meant there is a delay. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to interpret it that way.

On a side note, I'm getting a little annoyed over these moderator threats involving discussing "forbidden topics". A FarSight employee seemed to imply a delay and we responded to it. I don't see how that constitutes "abuse". I don't feel that the responses in this thread got out of hand either (unless I didn't see them and they were deleted). Meanwhile, on the Steam forums, a vulgarity riddled, personal attack filled thread has erupted over the last few days. THAT is in need of some moderation. (And, yes, I realize they probably have different moderators.)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't see it that way at all.
I think he was just telling forum people that create their own schedule, that this Friday is not correct.

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
We did plan to get it out this Friday, but it's not going to work out. Gives us a bit more time to clean it up more before we send it out anyway. Can't make everyone happy. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We did plan to get it out this Friday, but it's not going to work out. Gives us a bit more time to clean it up more before we send it out anyway. Can't make everyone happy. :)

Thanks for the confirmation Mike and I apologize to anyone that took my moderation post as a threat. I'm human therefore I will make mistakes every now and then, but my request that forum members refrain from posting unconfirmed delays (which again I apologize for not researching the delay confirmed by Mike beforehand) still stands.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I watched the Dead_Flip twitch video tonight and enjoyed it. They were playing Hot Shot by Gottlieb and it was interesting to see Big Shot's relative. So far I have subscribed to CaptainBZarre, Dead_Flip, FarSight_Studios, PAPAtvPinball and Pinballwiz45b streams. I also like to type pinball into the twitch search engine and watch random Zen streams. I am open to any suggestions on any other pinball streams or MAME/Arcade streams.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013

I appreciate your honesty. I do like the idea that you guys get more time to work out bugs/issues. I don't like the idea that issues with one platform are causing delays on others. Back when Amazon was the only platform I could play TPA on and it had significant delays with every release, I wasn't complaining that it was released sooner on other platforms. Of course, I'm not complaining now that the Amazon releases have been sped up either.

Thanks for the confirmation Mike and I apologize to anyone that took my moderation post as a threat. I'm human therefore I will make mistakes every now and then, but my request that forum members refrain from posting unconfirmed delays (which again I apologize for not researching the delay confirmed by Mike beforehand) still stands.

Apology accepted. :)

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
Video game companies get a ton of flack no matter what they do. It's nice that some people remember there are lots of behind the scenes things going on that make everything work or not work. Pumping out updates every month on as many platforms as we can is pretty difficult. Each platform works differently and takes shorter or longer to release, PS4 and Xbox one need separate lighting work, some platforms charge us more to release based on many different condition, some people are harder to work with at some of these companies, forced agreements, surprise charges for bandwidth in different regions forcing us to change the way we release, plus we run into challenges on our end that can really get hairy. No matter what... our goal is to bring you guys pinball and we won't stop. Cuz we love you. And we want to continue supporting our families. :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I watched the Dead_Flip twitch video tonight and enjoyed it. They were playing Hot Shot by Gottlieb and it was interesting to see Big Shot's relative. So far I have subscribed to CaptainBZarre, Dead_Flip, FarSight_Studios, PAPAtvPinball and Pinballwiz45b streams. I also like to type pinball into the twitch search engine and watch random Zen streams. I am open to any suggestions on any other pinball streams or MAME/Arcade streams.

Hey I saw you in there. Were you Eaton Beaver2? I should have know it was you. There can't be two people with that handle.
I've been watching them for over a month now. It's a fun watch.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Video game companies get a ton of flack no matter what they do. It's nice that some people remember there are lots of behind the scenes things going on that make everything work or not work. Pumping out updates every month on as many platforms as we can is pretty difficult. Each platform works differently and takes shorter or longer to release, PS4 and Xbox one need separate lighting work, some platforms charge us more to release based on many different condition, some people are harder to work with at some of these companies, forced agreements, surprise charges for bandwidth in different regions forcing us to change the way we release, plus we run into challenges on our end that can really get hairy. No matter what... our goal is to bring you guys pinball and we won't stop. Cuz we love you. And we want to continue supporting our families. :)

+1

Personally I would wait a week longer for each table if it meant spending one week out of every 5 or 6 concentrating on support issues. But, revenue streams are revenue streams ....

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014

Please everybody, don't forget we all here because we LOVE this game ! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.