two senseless waistes of time and money

budtki@verizon.net

Aug 20, 2012
people who have never played FUNHOUSE and GOFFERS on WPHOF might find themeselves playing these two machines on TPA, but if you had first experienced playing either on WPHOF(like me) you probably don't give these machines any time at all. both are great machines and i had spent a lot of time playing them on WPHOF but... the TPA version is still lacking the camera angle that allows you to hit the money shots of both machines. i rarely play either of them on TPA and it is sad because i'm sure that a lot of time had gone into there development and they are both fun to play when you can see the shot(upper loop) that generates big scores during multiball. i really miss playing both machines but every time i try to enjoy these tables it becomes more of a turn off....please fix the camera angles on these two fabulous machines!!!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, first off...over react much?

"Senseless waists of time and money" just because you don't like the camera angle? Wow.

Now then, I get your frustration. It took me a long time to get the timing down for the upper trap door shot on Funhouse in TPA coming from PHOF. A big part of that is PHOF is so much more forgiving, both in the floatiness of the ball, and the speed. Same thing for gofers.

As for the table angles, none of the four work for you? I play Funhouse in view 2 and have no problems hitting shots. Gofers I tend to stick to view 1, despite it not being ideal for seeing the upper area, but sometimes I play in view 2 and you are able to see much better. I highly recommend for both tables locking the camera, as the zoom effect ruins the timing on those upper flippers more often than not.

So count to ten, take a deep breath, you'll get used to these 2 in TPA eventually. Once you do, go back and play PHOF and you'll notice a ton of things that are way more irritating in that version now that you are used to the TPA ones!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I find the Rudy's Mouth shot a lot easier in TPA than in PHoF, but on the other side, the upper trap door shot needs more timing in TPA (it was too easy in PHoF).

I like it this way, it's more rewarding to get million jackpots during multiball.

But what is annoying me, it's all the glitches and bugs on Funhouse: broken plunger (get Rudy's Hideout or Frenzy Lit on Crazy Steps is just a pain), vanish balls, ball that directly drains in left outerlane each time you start a multiball... Jeeeez. :mad:

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
With the size my waist is getting, I wish it were made of time and money. I'd be happy with just one waist of time and money

^^^
Now that was senseless

JoeNewberry

Apr 19, 2013
ball that directly drains in left outerlane each time you start a multiball... Jeeeez. :mad:

Yep, having to nudge the table every single time multiball starts to save that one is a bit annoying. I've never gotten to play a real Funhouse so I'm not sure, but can anyone attest to the game being that consistent in launching the ball directly down the left outlane?

I love Funhouse on TPA. I actually play it a lot more on there than I did on PHoF. The trap door shot is a pain to get, but that makes it all the more rewarding when you get the timing for it right.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, having to nudge the table every single time multiball starts to save that one is a bit annoying. I've never gotten to play a real Funhouse so I'm not sure, but can anyone attest to the game being that consistent in launching the ball directly down the left outlane?

I love Funhouse on TPA. I actually play it a lot more on there than I did on PHoF. The trap door shot is a pain to get, but that makes it all the more rewarding when you get the timing for it right.

After the last update, it only goes out the left outlane maybe 25% of the time!

No, the real table doesn't send it down the pooper, or at least never has when I've played it. Having never played a fully shopped version though, and FarSight's being at full strength, who knows. Bobby made a comment once about having played 3 different BoP machines at a show, none of them played alike, and none played near as well as the one at the studio. Take that for what it's worth.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
After the last update, it only goes out the left outlane maybe 25% of the time!

No, the real table doesn't send it down the pooper, or at least never has when I've played it. Having never played a fully shopped version though, and FarSight's being at full strength, who knows. Bobby made a comment once about having played 3 different BoP machines at a show, none of them played alike, and none played near as well as the one at the studio. Take that for what it's worth.

Perhaps this is another reason why a tiny bit more 'randomness' wouldn't go amiss?

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
With the size my waist is getting, I wish it were made of time and money. I'd be happy with just one waist of time and money

^^^
Now that was senseless

Well if he said there's two senseless waists then mine must be the other one.. Playing video game pinball doesn't burn many calories I guess..

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I HAVE played a fully-shopped Funhouse and the multi-ball definitely does not do that in real life.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Well if he said there's two senseless waists then mine must be the other one.. Playing video game pinball doesn't burn many calories I guess..

You need to play on a treadmill. Flippers as buttons on the handrails. Hurry up countdowns makes the belt speed increase. Like zombies run for pinball.

Also, :p

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
If gophers had transparent ramps, I'd be much happier. Its such a great table but I lose half the balls to the right out lane. Mainly because it is invisible and nudging is useless unless you can see what is going on.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Sorry I have nothing constructive to add, this thread just makes me LOL from the spelling mistake in the title. :D

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
You need to play on a treadmill. Flippers as buttons on the handrails. Hurry up countdowns makes the belt speed increase. Like zombies run for pinball.

Also, :p

Interesting idea.. a real pinball machine on a treadmill could be the next fitness fad! Pay for time on the treadmill and get freeplay on the pinball machine the whole time.. hmmm, name: "Fitness Arcade". Throw in a few of those dancing/skiing/snowboarding games.. there might be money to be made in this..

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Interesting idea.. a real pinball machine on a treadmill could be the next fitness fad! Pay for time on the treadmill and get freeplay on the pinball machine the whole time.. hmmm, name: "Fitness Arcade". Throw in a few of those dancing/skiing/snowboarding games.. there might be money to be made in this..
I can see it now...the DMD announces "EXTRA BALL AT 3.5 MILES".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.