Uk SW league meet Sunday 15th July

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Attended my second league meet yesterday near Poole. The hosts house was amazing with a dedicated games room with pins and video games plus a large summer house in the garden with even more machines in.

Games played;
Corvette
Indy 500
Monster Bash
Medieval Madness
Big Hurt ( baseball themed game )
Ripleys
Family guy
Spiderman
Xmen
LOTR
Dirty Harry
Fishtales
Red & Ted's Roadshow
Whitewater ( out of order )
Indiana Jones ( out of order )

A long tiring day ( over 100 miles each way ) and very hot but well worth it. Played like a dick but have other things on my mind atm as you may have read in another thread. The MB and MM were no fun at all, you only had to breath on them to tilt them they were set up that tight. I've only just learned how to effectively nudge and now I can't nudge? no fun at all those 2. I know, I know its the same for everyone blah blah blah.....one guy tilted MB pressing the launch button for a garlic clove...he wasn't happy :D

All in all a great day though, really enjoyed Ripleys having never played one so that's been added to my wanted list once my home life settles down. Xmen seemed way too easy, yes you could have a bad game like on any machine but long, long games seemed very possible on it. Big Hurt was universally well received, quite unusual and good fun. Actually there wasn't a bad machine there.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
They certainly were tight. I should also mention that on the way home we took a detour to another pinheads house where I got to play a Demo man and a Pinbot. Demo man was nice but I don't think it's deep enough for a home machine. Pinbot was fun but wasn't in the best condition. Still 2 more pins I've never played before crossed off my list. Bring on Daventry in a few weeks.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You entered the Open at Daventry? There's another 20 tickets on the 27th July at 12 noon if you have missed out.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
No I haven't entered. My head is not where it should be at the moment so I'm not going to spend all 2 days I'm there playing, I intend making use of the other hotel facilities, go for a swim etc.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Ah so you are coming along. Good. I'll see you there mate.

I've been to Greg's place, sure is an impressive collection. Second best Ive ever seen, after Matt Adams' in Farnborough (tattyadams on YouTube). Matt has owned over 300 machines, more than 100 different titles over the years. He currently has about 20 set up.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I would like to see Matts collection, seen a few of his vids. I assume he plays in a different region though? Is it Ok to play in different regions league wise?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
He plays in the SE league, usually hosts a meeting (best one of the season). But anyone is welcome even if you play in the SW league. You can still play and either compete or not, they just take out your scores when they work out the positions and league points and stuff.

Great bloke. Currently in Chernobyl in a modded James Bond car. Typical of him, he's always doing stuff involving travel and unusual vehicles.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts