Unable to start Pinball Arcade through FreeCamera Mod

Bill Paterno

Aug 6, 2013
I set up FreeCamera on my cab with the help of Robert's guide (thanks for the info!). However, when I start it up, I cannot get past the opening screen. I can see my mouse cursor but mouse clicks and return key do not do anything. The default backglass is working on the 2nd monitor. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Paterno

Aug 6, 2013
Thanks Robert. I did forget to mention one detail. For some reason I cannot change the Buffer Height to 2200 in the PBA Config Utility. It is not an option and when I manually key it in and save, it doesn't stick (defaults back to 1080). I set my one display to 1080x1920 and the other 1600x1200.

Bill Paterno

Aug 6, 2013
Ok...I checked an I am using an Aero theme and no text scaling. But I still cannot choose 2200 for a buffer height.

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
theres no 2200 choice..just type it in and click save..then do not load configure utility again..each time you open configuration utility you need to manually set the values

Bill Paterno

Aug 6, 2013
And start the game with admin rights...

That was it NoEx. I forgot to enable admin rights on the D11 version of Pinball Arcade. It works but now I have a different problem. Right now I only have the intro TOTAN table. When I launch it, the back half of the play field has a weird gray look to it (see photo)

123tkat.jpg

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
I have that happen one in a while and its always seemed random..its like everything is over bright @ that fov level the ceiling lights trim casts a shadow.

try going to the games configuration reset the backbuffer values again(you have to every time you launch the configuration utility) and toggle brighten ball off or on then save and relaunch see if that fixes it

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I have that happen one in a while and its always seemed random..its like everything is over bright @ that fov level the ceiling lights trim casts a shadow.

try going to the games configuration reset the backbuffer values again(you have to every time you launch the configuration utility) and toggle brighten ball off or on then save and relaunch see if that fixes it

Same here. When I reloaded a table to report it, it had gone.

Kinpin

Dec 12, 2016
Newbie here..perhaps someone can help...everything is setup on my cab....cab mode wont work simply because the minute i rotate the playfield monitor to portrait then aero disables..hence no cab mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.