unique iPad pinball Machine

Gibsonpinball

Jan 10, 2022
Hi everybody,

I hope this is the right place to post something like this. Indiana Jones is coming to pinball mobile. Perfect timing for me!
Just want you to show what I have been working on for quite some time now. And get feedback from passionate people in the know! A mini pinball machine that plays ALL iPad pinball apps. So now you can play Zen / Williams also on your iPad with fast buttons, plunger, nudging etc. I already have one highest score on a Williams table on tournament and pro physics. I will go for the rest and climb the ladder :)
If everything works out I will be doing a Kickstarter crowdfunding coming spring. Chris and Jared form the Blahcade already knew about this. And they gave me some nice feedback. I hope to send them a prototype for review. If time allows.
Given the constraints, I want to make this MiniPin the best it can possibly be. With your comments, suggestions and help I may be able to make it even better! And then: a really great looking mini pinball machine that is affordable, feels and plays great and doesn't take up much space.
Let me know what you want and think. I will regularly post new information and thoughts.

thanks!

https://youtu.be/U1kiILa0UfU

Last edited:

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
That looks fantastic! Definitely would be interested in that. It looks like it moves around easy, so I would say that some scratch resistant feet are a must so it doesn’t destroy whatever you sit it on.

Gibsonpinball

Jan 10, 2022
[MENTION=7682]Scared Stiff[/MENTION]
Good to hear you like it.
Yes, I have rubber feet mounted. Optionally I have legs. No rubber feet on them yet though. The machine does get moved around as you say. So I have indeed mounted rubber feet on this proto. Especially when I go for a highscore it gets banged around. I have optionally legs on another. No rubber feet on them though. Must think of a solution. I mounted one to a table for testing purposes. That gave a nice feel when pushing. But alas, my partner didn't approve...

Well, by the looks you have been playing pinball as long as I do. Maybe longer

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
[MENTION=7682]Scared Stiff[/MENTION]
Good to hear you like it.
Yes, I have rubber feet mounted. Optionally I have legs. No rubber feet on them yet though. The machine does get moved around as you say. So I have indeed mounted rubber feet on this proto. Especially when I go for a highscore it gets banged around. I have optionally legs on another. No rubber feet on them though. Must think of a solution. I mounted one to a table for testing purposes. That gave a nice feel when pushing. But alas, my partner didn't approve...

Well, by the looks you have been playing pinball as long as I do. Maybe longer

I started playing pinball in the 1970’s as a kid and teen. I was playing the Williams Flash table when it was brand new and had lines so long that my local arcade had to get more than one just to handle the demand. I don’t understand why that table has never been made commercially as it was VERY popular and was the first one with a constant audio track so it is of historical significance as well.

Gibsonpinball

Jan 10, 2022
Ah, the one with the memorable backglass. Just read some background. Never realised it sold that many. There must be many like you who have really good memories from playing Flash. Maybe not a great table by modern standards but it's the good memories that counts. In two weeks time I will try the machine at a location nearby.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
Right. Things have to be put into context. Is Flash as good as many modern pinball games? No. But in it’s era it was groundbreaking and like The Adams Family of it’s day. It was insanely popular.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Played Flash on VP10. It was the first machine to use flashers, but the "constant audio track" is nothing but a continuous hum. It gets faster and louder the longer the ball is in play. Perfectly acceptable for a single cabinet speaker aimed at the floor in a noisey arcade, but absolutely headache inducing on stereo speaker system.

Last edited:

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
“but the "constant audio track" is nothing but a continuous hum.”

Yes. That’s what they were capable of back then. A continuous modulation synth wave. And it was groundbreaking at the time. Fully digitized music was quite a ways off at that point.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.