[Unofficial] Community poll for next TPA Kickstarter

Which table would you contribute to?

• T2 Judgement Day (Williams - 1991)

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Star Wars (Data East - 1992)

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Bram Stoker's Dracula (Williams - 1993)

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (Williams - 1993)

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Jurassic Park (Data East - 1993)

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • The Shadow (Bally - 1994)

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • Dirty Harry (1995 - Williams)

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Big Bang Bar (Capcom - 1996)

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
The poll title I understand, but the title of this thread is misleading as it clearly states, "Community poll for next TPA Kickstarter".
I agree it's confusing. I didn't know what to change it to, so I just stuck "[Unofficial]" in front of it, so at least people know it's not one of FarSight's official pick-a-table threads.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Bobby King said that the cost of BBB (and other Capcoms) isn't as much of an issue as the emulation. They simply can't get it working without dropping the framerate.

the emulation for bbb is already working fine with pinmame so they could probably get it to work.

does anybody know what farsight is using to emulate the tables? are they using some version of pinmame?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
the emulation for bbb is already working fine with pinmame so they could probably get it to work.

does anybody know what farsight is using to emulate the tables? are they using some version of pinmame?

it's their own emulation as far as I know.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Steve Ellenoff, who was one of the programmers for pinmame, works for Farsight now. I think I remember hearing that they couldn't use pinmame directly because of rights issues though, so yeah I think it is their own custom emulation.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
1. Konami was the developer of The Simpsons Arcade game.

2. FarSight is not Konami.

That's irrelevant.
Fox doesn't care weather it's Konami, Farsight, or Zippy's Game Emporium as long as the money is there.

Konami sold very few units of Simpsons Arcade on PSN/XBL. I doubt they invested very much into rereleasing it.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
None of the above lol.

High Speed (1)
CYCLONE
Comet
Haunted House
Roller Coaster Tycoon
Xenon
Junkyard
Cleopatra!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I didn't get to vote, but if I did I'd have gone Dracula.

However I do not think Dracula requires a kickstarter. It's a cheap license like Elvira, Ripley's, or the Universal Monsters.

So with that being said I'd vote T2 or Indiana Jones.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I don't think Universal Monsters was a 'cheap' license in general, it was released around the same time as the Universal Movie Monsters collection on DVD and Blu-Ray so was probably seen as an easy form of cross-promotion. Whether the same would apply to a table a year afterwards is anyone's guess.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Plus it was a two for one deal. Got Creature and Monster Bash. Same with Elvira. I'm just saying I can't imagine a license from an irrelevant 90's movie with no real big actor likenesses or voices can be that expensive. But you never know.

Honestly though you could probably say the same about Twilight Zone. I don't want to come off ignorant, I honestly can't say for sure.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think Universal Monsters was a 'cheap' license in general, it was released around the same time as the Universal Movie Monsters collection on DVD and Blu-Ray so was probably seen as an easy form of cross-promotion. Whether the same would apply to a table a year afterwards is anyone's guess.

There was no cross-promotion done between the Blu-ray and the table. They were two separate things.

Shinobi100

Apr 13, 2012
I didn't get to vote in the poll. Since we know T2 is next on the kickstarter, I would've voted for Jurassic Park. That'd be a nice table to have handy to get hyped when JP 4 is released next year

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
Personally I hope Indiana Jones Williams and Doctor Who are two options for future Kickstarter Tables. Especially the latter I'd love to play Doctor Who on Pinball Arcade.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts