Unreal Engine 4 Is Now Free

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Epic has just announced that its game development engine, Unreal Engine 4, is now free for everyone to download. This is a radical change from its $19/month subscription and is quite a welcome one indeed. The current price of the graphics engine, that is $0, will fetch casual users and game developers with all the latest technology including future updates, video tutorials and documentation, as well as ready-made game templates, samples, and content.

http://www.neowin.net/news/unreal-engine-4-is-now-free-to-download-for-everyone

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Amazing.

Now all I have to do is assemble a team of artist, musicians, scripters..... damn, my dream sunk as fast as Titanic :p

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Good news for game developers and young people, who have time.
You still have to pay royalties when you use a 3rd party engine.
Probably one of the main reasons why Farsight prefers it to use their own stuff.

"You can download the engine and use it for everything from game development, education, architecture, and visualization to VR, film and animation. When you ship a game or application, you pay a 5% royalty on gross revenue after the first $3,000 per product, per quarter."

Yet I think, that the unreal 4 engine could provide us a better digital pinball experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.