Version 1.31.8

Gozer

Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for answering. Which save folder are you referring to. TPA appears to save data in two folders. One is \Steam\userdata\*SteamUserNumber*\238260\, the other is \Users\*UserName*\My Games\. Or did you mean \Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\?

On a semi-related note, unless something changed in the last few months, the Steam Cloud functionality doesn't work quite right in TPA. If you install it to a new computer it will not sync before the game first starts but it will sync after it closes. This means that not only will the new computer lack your scores and unlocked goals but, the next time you run TPA on the old computer, it will overwrite those files with the fresh ones from the new computer. Basically, unless you either disable Steam Cloud or make a copy of the TPA save files and manually restore them, you can lose all your high scores and goals after installing TPA on a new computer. At least that was my experience. Luckily, I regularly make backups.

Yup. This definitely needs to be fixed.

streetsonfire

Nov 5, 2013
So I just bought season four on Steam and when I get a high score on Phantom and I enter my initials, it just restarts the game with seemingly infinite balls and I can't move the flippers or anything. It stays on the enter initials menu and I can't access any menus or anything, and the only way I can quit the game is with alt+f4 or closing it out in the task manager.

Is this a know bug or what? I've tried verifying the cache in Steam and still get the same problem. This is super frustrating after buying the whole season. Is this what I have to look forward to for the next ten months; a broken game?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
So I just bought season four on Steam and when I get a high score on Phantom and I enter my initials, it just restarts the game with seemingly infinite balls and I can't move the flippers or anything. It stays on the enter initials menu and I can't access any menus or anything, and the only way I can quit the game is with alt+f4 or closing it out in the task manager.

Is this a know bug or what? I've tried verifying the cache in Steam and still get the same problem. This is super frustrating after buying the whole season. Is this what I have to look forward to for the next ten months; a broken game?

This sounds like the bug that's been in a bunch of different tables so far but got fixed on the others. The interim solution till it gets fixed was to not touch any buttons while the end animations are playing except for entering your initials, and it should work out normally. This is assuming it's the same thing but it kind of seems like it.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
I had the same thing happen to me on POTO on my first game - halt to alt+f4 out of it - it has not happened again ever since.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Thanks for answering. Which save folder are you referring to. TPA appears to save data in two folders. One is \Steam\userdata\*SteamUserNumber*\238260\, the other is \Users\*UserName*\My Games\. Or did you mean \Steam\steamapps\common\PinballArcade\?

On a semi-related note, unless something changed in the last few months, the Steam Cloud functionality doesn't work quite right in TPA. If you install it to a new computer it will not sync before the game first starts but it will sync after it closes. This means that not only will the new computer lack your scores and unlocked goals but, the next time you run TPA on the old computer, it will overwrite those files with the fresh ones from the new computer. Basically, unless you either disable Steam Cloud or make a copy of the TPA save files and manually restore them, you can lose all your high scores and goals after installing TPA on a new computer. At least that was my experience. Luckily, I regularly make backups.

PinballArcade folder in \Users\*UserName*\My Games\

This will also backup your high scores and goals, etc.

I'll look into the steam cloud issue. Thanks for letting me know.

swift

Apr 7, 2014
a few bugs from this build:
1. on RBION when i earned an extra ball and ball 3 drained, the game "forgot" about my extra ball, and showed me the screen with my score as if the game ended, i had to press start to continue the same game with the extra ball
2. on Monster Bash after all balls drained during multiball, the game got stuck, as if a ball was still in play

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts