Version 1.50.x

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012

Gorgar is one of my favorite tables, and this is the table that I use as a litmus test on my PS4 to see if I should bother purchasing any more tables, or simply keep using the Steam version exclusively.

Every big PS4 update, I go to Gorgar, if all the bumpers are lit on ball 1, I close the game and forget about it. I'd be willing to purchase the pro tables (again) for all seasons if I had any confidence that bugs would get resolved or that new ones didn't crop up that had little potential to get fixed.

I probably do not represent a majority of the players out there, but the bugs, insignificant as some of them may be, are adding up and preventing me from purchasing cross-platform versions and I'm losing faith in the product as it is becoming too ambitious for the resources available to create/maintain it.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
Anyone else notice the last few tables what post passing has become? While it's no longer guaranteed the best way to get to the left flipper is to use the lower-right kickout and slight nudge on TX-Sector.. which has a problem with that.

Other tables shooting up and having it bounce pass or using ramps to hold pass has been fine but TX-Sector is especially dangerous with the requirement to shoot the left spot target (near a rubber post/those flicking targets) and let it fall onto the bottom left flipper, is this behavior intended?

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Does this only happen with specific video cards?

Probably? :confused:
It happened for me with an Nvidia GTX 770 and GTX 970. I used to have dual 1920x1080 monitors using DVI cables. (DVI-I and DVI-D) Now I use a single 32" 2560x1440 monitor with a displayport 1.2 cable and the problem no longer occurs at this new resolution. To test, I changed my resolution down to 1920x1080, updated Pinball Arcade in the launch utility program to be 1920x1080, and the problem returned. Whatever the issue might be, it only appears to happen using DX11 and 1920x1080.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Probably? :confused:
It happened for me with an Nvidia GTX 770 and GTX 970. I used to have dual 1920x1080 monitors using DVI cables. (DVI-I and DVI-D) Now I use a single 32" 2560x1440 monitor with a displayport 1.2 cable and the problem no longer occurs at this new resolution. To test, I changed my resolution down to 1920x1080, updated Pinball Arcade in the launch utility program to be 1920x1080, and the problem returned. Whatever the issue might be, it only appears to happen using DX11 and 1920x1080.

DX11 and 1980x1080 is what I've been running since they released the DX11 upgrade and I've never once had that issue.
That's on a BenQ monitor and an R9 280 AMD card.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
DX11 and 1980x1080 is what I've been running since they released the DX11 upgrade and I've never once had that issue.

I do seem to remember that it was working correctly in the very early beta stages of DX11, but after one of the updates the problem starting appearing. I have changed my operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro with a fresh install on new SSD drive, and after updating the OS and drivers to the latest versions, one of the first things I tried was loading the steam client and running TPA to see if the issue was resolved. So, whatever the issue is, it seems to be related to my brand/model of Nvidia graphics card. That doesn't mean the video card is completely at fault, but something about the way it handles instructions from the game is probably causing this behavior. I use EVGA GTX970, but there are several different models of this brand available that have minor clock differences and slight variances with connections and general architectures.

The native resolution for my Samsung 32" monitor is 2556x1440, which is 16x9, and I have no issues anymore in either landscape or portrait mode. The game starts full screen with the correct resolution every time. DX9 was good at 1920x1080. Definitely a weird issue.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The UI is still beta? I thought it was released one week after two newsletters ago.
Hmm haven't really played the game for a long time it seems.
Actually since timeshock came out.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Please fix the issue on MB with the camera getting stuck on the plunger at the start of multiball

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Please fix the issue on MB with the camera getting stuck on the plunger at the start of multiball

That still happening? I managed to fix it by turning on Multiball Camera in the options, though it wasn't a 100% fix, IIRC. Also there's a plunger view that is pretty much the entire table, for some reason, and you can use that in a pinch.

Note that this only happens when a multiball is started from the scoop, so it usually doesn't happen for Frankie multiball because it starts from the center ramp, but will for Mosh Pit, MB, and MoR multiballs.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014

GTX 680. It's never fullscreened properly once DX11 was an option. I have to alt-enter twice, even after I wiped my entire machine for a fresh install of Windows 10 (no upgrade.)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.