FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Eight Ball Deluxe is released. Enjoy.

Version 1.53.5 (8/19/16)
- Added Eight Ball Deluxe
- Fixed Monster Bash plunger cam issue

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Unlisted change: If you sort tables by goals achieved, that screen now has subheadings dividing your tables into Wizard Complete, Wizard goals, and Standard goals sections.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Wow, I do NOT remember Eight Ball Deluxe making that annoying thrashing warble noise the entire play time if no other sounds were going on. But I looked at a play video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIieEDB2-9o and sure enough, a real machine does it too.

Maybe the arcades where I played this were loud enough that I didn't notice. :p

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Wow, I do NOT remember Eight Ball Deluxe making that annoying thrashing warble noise the entire play time if no other sounds were going on. But I looked at a play video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIieEDB2-9o and sure enough, a real machine does it too.

Maybe the arcades where I played this were loud enough that I didn't notice. :p

I have never had the pleasure of seeing this one irl, but I can already tell why its a classic! What a great layout, really satisfying shots, very addictive has that simple yet challenging appeal.

On the sounds I immediately recognized them all most from playing The Zaccaria Pinball video game, Pinball Champ has many of the same sounds and very similar voice work. The other noises I noticed right away are the left lane to the upper playfield and the outlane noises are in Tomy Astro Shooter table top pinball game, if you dont know about this thing do yourself a favor and pick one up on ebay. It's obvious what a huge influence this game had on pinball, great release Farsight!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Is there a change with standard/wizard goals? I finished the standard goals in a game and I was credited for the wizard goal #5 in the same game. Up until now wizard goals could only be recognized in the next game after completing the standard goals.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That's a double dose of great news. Now if I can just pull myself off of EDB long enough to start playing MB again.

Funny story. First time I encountered the multi-ball bug in MB, I switched from DX11 to DX9 to see if it was a DX11 thing. I promptly had my best game of MB ever, despite the presence of the bug in DX9 anyway. Turns out flailing about with the flippers in a zoomed-out camera angle really doesn't make much difference when you're playing Monster Bash or Monsters Of Rock modes.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.