Version 1.54.x

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Doctor Who is released.

Version 1.54.8 (9/30/16)
- Added Doctor Who
- EBD DX11 slight lighting adjustment.
- EBD added rubber and plastic sound hits.
- EBD Tuning adjusted for Pop bumpers, Slingshots and flippers
- EBD Sticky targets fixed.
- EBD Translations added.
- EBD BackGlass lamps fixed.
- Dr Dude Cameras fixed.
- Dr Dude Event Camera removed to fix camera stuck.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This will be added to the Master List:

Version 1.54.8 Bugs:

Doctor Who:
  • It is possible to successfully make the upper ramp from the lower left flipper.
  • A plastic is missing in the upper right corner of the playfield, around the upper right pop bumper. It has text: "Increase Transmat Faster" with an arrow pointing to the 5 on the back.
  • Davros flasher missing(?)
  • Backbox head flasher missing.
  • Doctor 3 Flasher missing.
  • REPAIR/Doctor 4 flasher missing.
  • The very upper right corner GI is strobing in the wrong direction, opposite the arrow that is pointing to the right.
  • GI is not strobing near the ESCAPE targets when compared to the rest.
  • GI under the right ramp doesn't have a strobing effect when compared to the rest.

Dr. Dude: Hitting the Gift of Gab when not completed doesn't mute the music while it speaks.

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Tiny patch in a few mins will fix this

Eight Ball Deluxe cabinet when selecting Doctor Who on the list of tables.

No version number change.

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012
Version 1.54.8 DX11 crashes when selecting "Legal Notice" in the Extras Menu of Dr. Who Table
Version 1.54.8 DX9 crashed to a black screen when exiting the program. Windows is still working, but no mouse pointer or anything visible on the screen. Alt-F4, Enter shuts windows down as normal.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I tried to open up TPA in DX11 and my Norton Software would not let me access the program, that has never happened before. I had to restart to get computer to get it working. Have not tried to re-open TPA DX11 because I didn't know what would happen. I see that I'm not the only one having a problem with TPA at the moment.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
1.54.8-does not start at all for either DX9 or DX11.

The "preparing to launch" window appears, disappears for a second, and comes back up, but never launches the game.

Computer just updated (against my will).

EDIT: It's not just TPA-nothing on steam launches, and this is not FarSight's fault. It's all steam this time.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
have you checked on blockage from antivirus? if its an issue id assume there would bea riot by now but hey most havent sampled the new update

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
have you checked on blockage from antivirus? if its an issue id assume there would bea riot by now but hey most havent sampled the new update

All I did was restart my computer. Now Steam works. If only I could get the newsletter most seemed to get hours ago.
Even though I've already seen the bad news in this month's table hint.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
No mention of iOS scores being migrated? did they just not post for the last two months? I don't own an iOS device, just wondering.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
i think in this case you can safely ignore norton frankie (its a pos anyhow)...hes intructions to "restore" tpa

edit opps- wrong link

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/uk/home/current/solutions/v6200368_ns_retail_en_us

if that doesnt work lemmie know what version of norton your using

Mr. Heretic, I just panicked when I saw the warning. After I posted on this thread, I turned of my computer and got ready for my weekly bowling league.

After a night of bowling and a touch or two of reposado tequila, I started up TPA and all is well. Glad you are back on this forum. ;)

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
anyone got an example of 'EBD Sticky Targets'? because from what I heard from the last podcast that was.. like a LOT of tables that have this phenomenon with the ball being sucked back in to the drop target area.

I notice it more on straight side walls like LCA or Class of 1812, but I've noticed this on almost any drop target game with vertical walls of drop targets. It's especially annoying on 1812 due to the targets being right over the inlane/outlane area, and the ball just stays in the drops area then free falls.

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012
From the Steam Forums:

Version 1.54.9 (10/3/16)
- Possible fix for game running fast on 120/144hz displays.
- Turned off H2H (wasn't supposed to be in last build)
- Fixed Harley missing parts on DX11

otto4711

Nov 6, 2013
when i click on extras -> legal notice
it goes back to the options but you cannot press anything anymore

and the year of dr. who is wrong in table select
it says williams 1993 instead of 1992

Last edited:

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
There's two issues in the upper flipper area, a force is acted on the ball when it's slowly approaching the upper flipper. The other is the ball being held in place for a moment to a dozen seconds (saw it happen on voofs stream), as it slowly approached the top of the H lane but may or may not touch the H target.

The first issue, repelling from the flipper, was very annoying when trying to do loop combos.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.