Vote for a classic Bally table! (Closed)

Which classic Bally table should FarSight release first?

• 8 Ball Deluxe

Votes: 146 43.5%
  • Centaur

Votes: 153 45.5%
  • Fireball

Votes: 37 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
Really tough choice (although Centaur wins out as my all-time favourite early-SS game). Fireball is probably my favourite of all the EM tables I have played and 8BD is probably the best non-multiball game I have played as well.

I agree that really well-scanned hi-res artwork is essential for Centaur. Hopefully with the kind of subtle lighting that made Gorgar and Taxi look so good. I would love to see them attempt the GI strobing effects of the original game but I'm not expecting quite that level of accuracy. Id be happy with the rules, feature lights and sounds being spot-on. Attract mode lighting would be a nice touch too, as Centaur's attract mode is quite distinctive.

robx46

Apr 5, 2012
8 ball deluxe is amazing and the only reason it doesn't get my vote is cuz I already own that table. Centaur is about as great anyways, so there is no losers here. I would also vote fireball classic over the EM. And Fathom over all 3 options, not sure why that isn't up for vote.

I must say that those commenting that EBD has nothing going for it have likely never played it and are judging the game by pictures online.
Bad idea. I made that mistake a few years back, now the pin sits in my home and sees the most play, even over my other 3 games, all good ones... BK2K, haunted house and judge dredd. Needless to say, once I played EBD a few true times, it became clear that Bally did something pretty remarkable.

Pictures. Centaur vs EBD. Pictures work in 2 different ways with these 2 games. They don't convey the magic of EBD. And pictures might very well overrate Centaur. In the end though you got 2 games both enjoyable but just with different styles.

I do worry that maybe FS won't be able to recreate the EBD magic fully on a virtual game. Centaur might work better for that. But if they can truly nail EBD gameplay then people will be quickly challenged and addicted. It is addicting. You want to spell deluxe, but it's tough. You want to dig ur way to the bank shot, but that is super tough and risky. And it's easy to get competitive and high score hungry on EBD. I've never flipped the score on mine either. And nailing that upper right horseshoe lane with the upper flipper just feels great every time for some reason.

That is the game in a nutshell. Feels great to play but nobody ever has a single simple answer as to why. No flashers, no ramps, no multiball, no toys. Not even a center shot or a cluttered PF. It is the BEST example of pure pinball greatness. A showing of how so much can be done without extra bells and whistles or trying to cram in extra shots if they don't make sense.

EBD is badass because it doesn't need to try to be badass. Game speaks for itself. They badly need to do 4 classic ballys though. Badly. EBD, fathom, centaur, and embryon. But there are so damn many solid ones from that golden era. Medusa, paragon, mystic, Nitro ground shaker, silver ball mania....

Xenophius

Dec 22, 2012
Although it's a tough choice I have to go with Centaur. It's the most classic out of the three and it's the only one I've never played. I wouldn't mind seeing the other two in the future however.

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Voted for Centaur if it was a choice of three Bally tables I would love to have my list would have read like this :
Centaur
Fathom
Medusa

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
My read on this poll was that all three are coming, it's just that they're using the results of this poll to determine which comes first, so I think we can rest easy on that score.

Freep

Jun 4, 2012
As said before, the graphics have to be top notch to capture Centaur's line work but, wow, that table would be awesome! A favourite!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Eight Ball Deluxe gets the nod from me - for whatever reason I seem to enjoy it more than Centaur, and I've never played Fireball. But Fathom would get my vote if it were an option.

karl

May 10, 2012
All good but I went with 8 ball Deluxe. This is a nice thing of Farsight to include the Fans in the decision. I think we needed something new to talk about ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts