Weird Ways to Personal High Scores?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I was wondering what stories were out there of personal high scores that were set in strange or unexpected ways. I'd love to see what you all have to share.

The reason I'm thinking of this is how I set my own personal high score on Dr. Dude. I was absolutely determined to get a gazillion shot, double jackpot, on a 2x playfield. I started from the very beginning and worked my way up, playing out multiballs to see if I could activate the double jackpot and then determine if it was worth it. Through this, I never scored a jackpot. Finally, I drained ball three RIGHT AS I activated the double jackpot, 2x play field, but right before I was able to hit the gazillion shot. I hit a new high score of 50 million, but did so without ever hitting a single jackpot. This seemed really bizarre to me, as working up the jackpot, doubling it, and hitting it on a 2x playfield always seemed like the only way to go for a really good score. I'm honestly not sure how the points added up.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I'd never reached Frog Multiball in Ripley's and was starting to think I never would, but then in one game I got two of them! I guess that isn't really weird but it seemed weird to me, especially since I wasn't particularly trying for them or anything, and didn't get Atlantis or whatnot, but the Frogs added up for what was quite the new high score for me at the time. I think I've only got one Frog since then, now it's just been the more pedestrian Atlantis route to higher scores.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I find that turning off the DMD display sometimes help, if you know what is going on without having the visual feedback from it. Like when I play MM, I frequently get better scores if I have no idea how much points I have so far :)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Like when I play MM, I frequently get better scores if I have no idea how much points I have so far :)

Yeah, same thing here. What I like in a true pinball table, is that you can play randomly. If you keep the ball alive, even without a single idea of what you're doing, you can have a pretty decent score.

On my 2nd play on Rbion, I scored +200 millions, and I have strictly no idea of what happened on the table! :D (now, I know I've done all wizard goals, but I was stuck on standard objectives because the skill shot -I don't even know what were the standard goals-).

And now I know the rules, I can't managed to achieve a good score and the wizard goals once again.:p

Same case in MM (but this one is more enjoyable when you actually know the rules).

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
my best way to get good scores on real pinball seems to be having a full bladder, weird but true. i noticed that whenever i have to go after this last game, i get a good score, and when i have to get away for a pee, or because i'm about to be late for something, i can't cos i'm scoring big.

so when i had a contest coming up recently, i drank lets of tea beforehand, and didn't let myself go for a pee, so that when i was up to play, i had this background discomfort and tension. i got a great score, but haven't tried it out again yet. i really don't want to have to do this regularly!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.