What a Piece of Junk!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I went over to PAPA.ORG and see there's a nice BSD tutorial video. These videos are great not only because they explain the rules, but they also say how to get high scores, which are often different than the official way. Well, it seems this archive has been shut forever due to their need to be NEW! They've switched to a new video mode which brings up a big black box, and . . . that's it! That's all it does, no matter what browser I use. I hate it when people try to be "trendy", updating with new stuff, who cares if it works, it's new!

Bass Mummy

Jul 26, 2012
Hmmm... Worked fine for me on Firefox 32.0.2

Here's a direct link to the BSD tutorial on youtube. Good luck troubleshooting.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I went over to PAPA.ORG and see there's a nice BSD tutorial video. These videos are great not only because they explain the rules, but they also say how to get high scores, which are often different than the official way. Well, it seems this archive has been shut forever due to their need to be NEW! They've switched to a new video mode which brings up a big black box, and . . . that's it! That's all it does, no matter what browser I use. I hate it when people try to be "trendy", updating with new stuff, who cares if it works, it's new!
Have you sent them an email to report the issue? We can't fix PAPA.org website bugs. ;)

YouTube FTW.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yea. I actually cached the BSD tutorial the other day from a youtube type app on my iphone and watched it during some downtime at work. Richard seems to have some problems. :rolleyes:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
The PAPA site does have a design issue that I see in the source, they link to Youtube in their IFrame via HTTPS. An HTTP IFrame in an HTTPS site is becoming a very definite no-no and is blocked by many browsers by default. The other way around ala the PAPA site is allowed, but I've heard mixing HTTP with an HTTPS IFrame can cause some weird issues as well and perhaps may be also blocked by strong mixed content security.

Only other thing I can think of is if the various div / autoplay deals PAPA now does is triggering an ad blocker somehow.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Every time I see the title of this thread, I keep expecting to see the Millennium Falcon when I click it.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
she'll make point-five past light speed! she may not look like much from the outside, but she's got it where it counts kid; i've made a lot of special modifications myself. now if you'll just step inside, we've got a few of things to do before we blast off...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
When it pops up in the black box, there's a "YouTube" icon embedded in it. If you click that, it'll take you to the YT page with the video :)
For Vimeo-hosted ones, I believe it's the same deal, but with a "Vimeo" logo.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
she'll make point-five past light speed! she may not look like much from the outside, but she's got it where it counts kid; i've made a lot of special modifications myself. now if you'll just step inside, we've got a few of things to do before we blast off...

Watch out for that Mos Eisley Kessel Kabob & Kurry joint, that place will give you the runs for 5 parsecs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts