What are your favorite "excitable" or "hype" tables?

waspinat0r

Mar 19, 2015
I really enjoy tables like MM that get you hyped up about what's going on. Having the game excitedly scream MULTIBALLLLLL and the like at me raises my love of a table like tenfold. What are some tables on TPA that can provide that other than MM that you enjoy? Thanks!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Lord of the Rings - "YOU SHALL NOT PASSSSSSSS!" after collecting the Fellowship Super Jackpot
Twilight Zone - DONT TOUCH THE DOOR
Indy 500 - Collecting the Super Jackpot in Turbo Multiball
Black Knight 2000 - the multiball start sequence

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
"You. Rule. The Universe!!"

If we can include real pinball, the Vacation Jackpot on WH2O. Doesn't translate quite as well to TPA.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
For me, it's more about hitting specific modes.

Real pinball: vengeance multiball on stern Star Trek, crazy with all lights going out
Real pinball: sea of simulation on stern tron legacy, makes me think I have a chance to get to portal lol

TPA: mist multiball on BSD: gives me very similar thrill to the real pin!
TPA: TZ as mentioned previously
TPA: AFM as mentioned previously

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Getting multiball on Centaur, and I mean multi.

That actually stems from when I played it in VP. The author PacDude had his own custom ROM, where when you started multiball, any MP3 of your choice started playing. Well I picked 'Burly Brawl' by Juno Reactor from the Matrix Reloaded. I think you'll agree if you heard this start up...

...you'd get pretty hyped for multiball too! I just pictured all the pinballs being copies of Agent Smith and my flippers were Neo. What can I say, I love The Matrix trilogy.

Anyway, now whenever I play Centaur, that music pops into my head when multiball starts up. I'm actually pretty disappointed when the music doesn't fire up in TPA!

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
TAF - "It's Showtime" is the best multiball opening. getting over twenty million on a bonus and hearing Gomez say "Who says you can't take it with you?" may be the greatest sound byte in all of pinball.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Bride of Pinbot and Whirlwind pretty much everything on both tables. WW-Gets my blood pumping the fastest and for most of the game on pretty much on the end of my seat. When I was 15 or 16 the local arcade had one and I can't even begin the think about how many quarters I dumped into that machine!

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
- Saving the princess on Tales Of The Arabian Nights
- Turning the light red on High Speed
- Multiball and King's Ransom on Black Knight 2000 (only ever achieved King's Ranson once)
- Oddly enough, Multiball on Firepower
- Scared Stiff on Scared Stiff
- Feel The Power on Whirlwind
- Grand Finale in Theatre Of Magic (50 million... 50 million... 50 million...)
- Atlantis on Ripley's Believe It Or Not (only ever achieved once)
- The little musical jingle at the end of an adventure on Junk Yard (ironically only usually played when you didn't get all the fireworks)
- The Roof on Who Dunnit?

...There are others that I'll think of.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
For me, the following are major hype in pinball. real life included.

1) TAF multiball. If the buildup doesn't impress you and pump you up, you have no soul.
2) TAF multiball... when started the second time, from the chair. (it has to warm up... SO IT CAN KILL YOU!) yes this line is so awesome i had to list TAF TWICE.
3) T2. the game is pure concentrated hype. payback time. hurry up, and the entire multiball sequence.
4) HS2. while HS may actually be the better game, you can't deny that HS2 has more hype. Redline Mania has the most hype.
5) BK2K. Again, this game is full of hype.
6) banzai run's backglass.
7) roof on who dunnit. easy to choke on all the hype. captured particularly well in TPA.
8) scared stiff mode on scared stiff. same for this one.
9) centaur... with the volume up and the reverb maxed. Destroy-roy-roy-roy Centaur-aur-aur-aur-aur-aur-aur..
10) LOTR. fellowship multiball. this game is epic, as it should be.
11) f-14 tomcat. the multiball especially.
12) BSD. large hype factor, which again can cause you to choke.
13) police force, looping the center ramp. with the volume up. the buildup to millions is very well done. Take high score also has a decent amount of hype.
14) double scoring, in any Gottlieb Premier game that has it. for the rest of this ball.... jackpots are D-O-U-B-L-Ed. extra balls are D-O-U-B-L-Ed. specials are D-O-U-B-L-Ed. everything is D-O-U-B-L-Ed! (expect to drain shortly afterwards. lol)
15) Phantom of the Opera. Millions, multiball, and the double score are all full of hype. Magic Mirror is minor hype. The hype factor is much greater in real life. and dat organ has a lot of hype all by itself. Doesn't really carry over to TPA as much.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Theatre of Magic?

"Time is running out!"
"Oh no!"
"It's ELEVEN O'CLOCK!"
"This theatre is full of magic!"

That game is hype from start to end.

[Edit] gotta go play it now...

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
I was actually just today explaining the appeal of these things to some people who have never played pinball.

You all left out the best part of TAF's multiball: the "Now you've done it..." calm before the storm. (I also left this part out while telling people about it and remembered later).

In real life "Move Your Car!" was my favorite thing ever for quite some time. I remember being on a roll when I was 13 on vacation and being like "wtf!" with the kid I was with once the rocket launcher came out.

jdoa

Jan 8, 2015
Bride of pinbot - mah gawd.....she's alive!!!---------that always makes me chuckle....like every time

Terminator 2 - get the stupid jackpot!!! ---------always makes me laugh and do my best arnie accent as well ( i know he says super)

Saving the princess on TOTAN is also quite exciting

The cool classicle rock n roll music on Creature from the black lagoon puts me in a chilled mood when playing that

Also monster bash' shouting and medieval madness' shouting gets me excited allot

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
14) double scoring, in any Gottlieb Premier game that has it. for the rest of this ball.... jackpots are D-O-U-B-L-Ed. extra balls are D-O-U-B-L-Ed. specials are D-O-U-B-L-Ed. everything is D-O-U-B-L-Ed! (expect to drain shortly afterwards. lol)

What games do that? Cue Ball Wizard in TPA just doubles scores and not the other stuff, and it's a fairly short timer. (Complete with the Premier screw-the-player timer mechanism, where not only do you not get any grace period, you even forfeit two seconds that it looks like you should get, as a mode ends when its clock ticks from 2 to 1. Teed Off does this too and it's super annoying.)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
What games do that? Cue Ball Wizard in TPA just doubles scores and not the other stuff, and it's a fairly short timer. (Complete with the Premier screw-the-player timer mechanism, where not only do you not get any grace period, you even forfeit two seconds that it looks like you should get, as a mode ends when its clock ticks from 2 to 1. Teed Off does this too and it's super annoying.)

Pretty sure CBW doubles everything for the remainder of the ball. I've definitely been awarded 2 EBs from this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.