What are your most loved and most hated sound quips?

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
HD has the worst sound of all.
Another one i'm not fond of is the Genie's Roar when you start the fireball in TOTAN,

Other than that i think the sound design from TOTAN is very underrated.
ATM, MM and MB do have the funniest sounds. I love Creature's sounds when you are looking for him in the caves.

"I will mesmerize you with my semi-circular movements"

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Not in TPA (hopefully someday), but I love the sample from the movie when you get an extra ball in The Addams Family - "Keep the ball, I've got a whole bucket full of them!"

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
HD has the worst sound of all.
Another one i'm not fond of is the Genie's Roar when you start the fireball in TOTAN,

Other than that i think the sound design from TOTAN is very underrated.

I *LOVE* the end of ball sound montage, great use of persian instruments and scales/modes

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
"WHERE'D YOU LEARN TO DRIVE, SON?!" (HD3E), "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz. Who the !@#$ are you?" (MM), and "Oh my gosh, that was the UGLIEST drain I have EVER seen!" (MB) are just a few that I like. Not sure on the things I hate, though.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I love mostly everything on MM and get a kick out of the drunk one especially.. I also love the lines in BOP.

But I heard recently the most horrifying combination of quips that made me want to rage quit:

"Hi there, this is sideshow sam, welcome to the sideshow! bing boing bing boing bing boing G'DAY MATE!!!":mad:

a part of me died inside

how about you guys?

OMG THIS, THIS, THIS!!! I hate sideshow sam and I especially hate that horrible DMD game! I make him wreck on purpose cause I hate him so much (and it's not like I can win that laggy, poor hit detection, crap video mode anyway).

Scared Stiff, MM have my favorite quips.

Creature from the Black Lagoon. Something about the sound quips pisses me off. "Shoot the snack bar" it sounds like they say "Shooot the SNAKE bar!" and I really hate that for some reason. Then when you get an outlane drain, if you didn't know any better you'd swear he screams "F*** IT!!!!" (he's saying 'focus'). Also I also really can't stand the snack bar attendants face. He's so ugly, and he's just making this face like I can't describe, but I hate his face and I hate him. I agree with Shutyertrap, whatever "humor" they were going for is awful (is the whole 'move your car' thing supposed to be funny?). But I still like the table.

Oh and Creature takes the cake from both Medieval Madness AND Scared Stiff for most blatant, un-family friendly sexualized reference/inuendo. There's a DMD animation and sound bite that plays where the guy CLEARLY is trying to get a BJ from his girl. He says "come on" and she goes "mmmmm, maybe". It comes off as offensive too because MM and Scared Stiff are lighthearted and intentionally funny, Creature isn't.

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
OMG THIS, THIS, THIS!!! I hate sideshow sam and I especially hate that horrible DMD game! I make him wreck on purpose cause I hate him so much (and it's not like I can win that laggy, poor hit detection, crap video mode anyway).
Finally, something we wholeheartedly agree on! Death to Roonie! :D

Twilight Zone has such a bizarre sound effects and DMD package. What's up with the "don't touch the door" stuff, or that little girl with the huge eyes? Or the extra ball robot? I just don't get what that has to do with TZ. I absolutely love the music though.
The Door is from a door shown in the opening sequence of most Twilight Zone episodes. The little girl is Talky Tina, who was in one of the episodes. The extra ball robot is one of the Invaders, from another one of the episodes.

Most everything in the game has to do with one or another of the TV show's episodes; the two prominent exceptions being the Power and the gumball machine.

Further information below, but you have been warned...MASSIVE SPOILERS ahead if you've never seen the show, so don't touch this door if you're not absolutely sure!

Twilight Zone Notes

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
If you dont like the snack bar attendant CHOKE him to death by hitting flippers quickly before the ball ejects.
Hes totally trying to get HEAD right! thats what you spell on the table KISS means BJ in the 50's:)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Finally, something we wholeheartedly agree on! Death to Roonie! :D

The Door is from a door shown in the opening sequence of most Twilight Zone episodes. The little girl is Talky Tina, who was in one of the episodes. The extra ball robot is one of the Invaders, from another one of the episodes.

Most everything in the game has to do with one or another of the TV show's episodes; the two prominent exceptions being the Power and the gumball machine.

Further information below, but you have been warned...MASSIVE SPOILERS ahead if you've never seen the show, so don't touch this door if you're not absolutely sure!

Twilight Zone Notes

I kinda figured after I posted, that's why I edited it out. I am only familiar with the really old, black and white TZ and when I say familar I mean I've seen a handful of episodes on SciFi.

If you dont like the snack bar attendant CHOKE him to death by hitting flippers quickly before the ball ejects.
Hes totally trying to get HEAD right! thats what you spell on the table KISS means BJ in the 50's

I guess but look at how he's sitting! And who asks for a kiss? Well I guess it is the 1950's... still it doesn't look right lol. Thanks for the tip I'll try that.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I guess but look at how he's sitting! And who asks for a kiss? Well I guess it is the 1950's... still it doesn't look right lol. Thanks for the tip I'll try that.

When you complete the snack bar and shoot it, don't release the flipper...it causes the snack bar to blow up. And yes, I do that precisely to give some punishment to that smug bastard.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
OK, heard a new one on MM I've never heard before. I wonder if it's because I got him last, but the King of Payne said "You will NEVER defeat the Duke of Bourbon! ... Well, maybe" (This was the first hit to the castle and the Duke of Bourbon was the last one before the King)

Good 'ol MM. Still fresh as ever.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
(sorry for my bad English)

:eek: I want to defend CFTBL, because i like it and love the music (especialy the slow tune at the end of a game) and maybe because i don't understand English well enough.

I have a question about Elvira and the party Monsters : When Elvira says "hmmm nice Organ", is it as sexualy explicit in English than it can be understood in my language ? :eek:

Last edited:

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I have a question about Elvira and the party Monsters : When Elvira says "hmmm nice Organ", is it as sexualy explicit in English than it can be understood in my language ? :eek:
If you mean whether she's possibly referring to something other than the musical instrument, then yes.

Malpeine

Oct 9, 2012
(sorry for my bad English)

Glad censorship miss that one.
After all, Elvira can play the instrument she wants, even if it's not that musical.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Damn you're nephew is sharp! I used to watch Married with Children at that age, and all the sexual stuff just flew right over my head.

Except for Kelly right? She just made all kinds of parts of my body kinda perk up, especially as a kid.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.